FM08 - Glasgow Rangers - Home Of The Gers

jonahno6

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
update on game ............

players bought ----

Markus Rosenberg - 3.8m brilliant goalscorer in the SPL 10 in 5 games.... sold Boyd for 3.5m so great buisness imo

Sarki - on loan for season from chelsea, good right winger, he is back up to Burke

Pablo Piatti - 100k steal, as many know turns out outstanding

Arnold Mvuemba - 900k steal as well, was on the transfer list at Pompey, been excellent so far playing as in CM with Ferguson in triangle formation

Ian Black and Richard Hastings from Inverness Cally Thistle - hastings is playing while stevie Smith returns from Injury, Black is back up for Hemdani as the DM, tugs training is good to train him properly as a DM as needs to improve his tackling stats....

Sold -----

Boyd for 3.5m good goalscorer but not a worker and misses plenty of 1 on 1 's ive found

Papac - 2m didnt need him, not a bad player though[/why 2 million for papac u should have sold him for 4 thats wat i did

update on game ............

players bought ----

Markus Rosenberg - 3.8m brilliant goalscorer in the SPL 10 in 5 games.... sold Boyd for 3.5m so great buisness imo

Sarki - on loan for season from chelsea, good right winger, he is back up to Burke

Pablo Piatti - 100k steal, as many know turns out outstanding

Arnold Mvuemba - 900k steal as well, was on the transfer list at Pompey, been excellent so far playing as in CM with Ferguson in triangle formation

Ian Black and Richard Hastings from Inverness Cally Thistle - hastings is playing while stevie Smith returns from Injury, Black is back up for Hemdani as the DM, tugs training is good to train him properly as a DM as needs to improve his tackling stats....

Sold -----

Boyd for 3.5m good goalscorer but not a worker and misses plenty of 1 on 1 's ive found

Papac - 2m didnt need him, not a bad player though[/why 2 million for papac u should have sold him for 4 thats wat i did

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for 4m? never sold him for that much mate, 2m is a decent deal i thought doesnt fit in to the team, and one less foreign Johnny the better !

Hi, ok.

Was doing ok but now cr*p.

Every time I start a game I finish second, doesnt matter the tactic or players, 2nd !!!

Getting really ****ed off.

SO, simple really, shd I keep McCoist as Asst manager, if not get who ? what tactic will win the SPL, don't care about Europe, want SPL !!

Hi, ok.

Was doing ok but now cr*p.

Every time I start a game I finish second, doesnt matter the tactic or players, 2nd !!!

Getting really ****ed off.

SO, simple really, shd I keep McCoist as Asst manager, if not get who ? what tactic will win the SPL, don't care about Europe, want SPL !!

Oh forgot to say, playing Patch 8.02

• 3 weeks later...

Today's result got me in the mood to have one last game as Rangers on 8.0.2 before FM 2009 comes out, any suggestions on players to sign would be welcome, I've got just under 3.5 Mil left to spend in the first transfer window.

Transfers in:

Benoit Costil - 350k from Caen

Sotiris Ninis - 625k from Panathinaikos

Mark Reynolds - 550k from Motherwell

Darijo Srna - 6.75 Mil from Shakhtar

Toto Tamuz - 1.7 Mil from B. Jerusalem

TOTAL - 10 Mil

Transfers out:

Faye - Loan cancelled

Michetsleiger - Loan cancelled

Dailly - Free transfer to Aberdeen

G. Smith - 150k to Blackpool

Gow - 900k to Preston

Alexander - 300k to Carlisle

Cousin - 1.1 Mil to Catania

Weir - Free transfer to Falkirk

Hemdani - 1.4 Mil to Fulham

Darcheville - 1.3 Mil to Olympiakos

Buffel - 500k to Reggina

TOTAL - 5.75 Mil

First-team squad (playing 4-4-2 Attacking):

GK - McGregor (Costil)

RB - Srna (Whittaker)

LB - Smith (Papac)

CB - Webster (Broadfoot)

CB - Cuellar (Reynolds)

RM - Ninis (Burke)

LM - Beasley (McCulloch)

CM - Davis (Thomson)

CM - Ferguson (Adam)

ST - Boyd (Novo)

ST - Tamuz (Naismith)

Hey there.

Not played FM in a while, i will admit, but i do love the game :p.

Just going to start a game with Rangers around 10pmGMT, so just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I'm wanting to buy and make a great team full of Scottish players.

I am willing to buy foreign YOUNGSTERS to stick in my youth team.

Thanks for any help.

Hey there.

Not played FM in a while, i will admit, but i do love the game :p.

Just going to start a game with Rangers around 10pmGMT, so just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I'm wanting to buy and make a great team full of Scottish players.

I am willing to buy foreign YOUNGSTERS to stick in my youth team.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin Mccann is a good RB. Chris Maguire good striker. Scott Arfield brilliant MC

• 1 month later...

Got fed up playing as Rangers, you can only pump Celtic and the rest of the SPL so many times and I just couldn't crack Europe.

:)

For last few weeks while waiting for FM2009 to come out I have been playing in N.Ireland as LINFIELD.

A great wee challenge I would highly recommend to fellow bears on here, as a final new game before FM2009 is released.

:thup:

WATP

Archived