World Footballer of the Year, bit wrong!?!

So just received a message stating the 5 guys included in the 35 man shortlist for World Player of the Year and goes as follows...

Michael Bradley (Borussia Monchengladbach)

Jo (Manchester City)

Andy Johnson (Fulham) :confused:

Stefan Kiebling (Leverkusen)

Mariano Pavone (Real Betis)

That being the 5 top picks from a list including, which I will post up soon....

David Wheater (Middlesborough)

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

Charles N'Zogbia (Newcastle United)

Anton Ferdinand (Sunderland)

I would also consider the rest of the list pretty poor with little representation coming from the regular European (Giants as such) teams.

I am in 3rd season and only have the Scottish Leagues active with most major countries databases and large game database.

2008 Awards.

1st. Mauro Zarate (Lazio)

2nd. Andy johnson (Fulham)

3rd. Sergio Floccari (Atalanta)

2009 Awards.

1st. Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese)

2nd. Rolando Bianchi (Torino)

3rd. Stefan Kiebling (Leverkusen)

2010 Awards.

1st. Rolando Bianchi (Torino)

2nd. Andy Johnson (Fulham)

3rd. Mariano Pavone (Real Betis)

Now I would put everything I had that none of them should be anywhere near that list and then maybe only Quagliarella could be seen as remotely feasible. I mean looking even at the teams they represent, what????

There is obviously a problem with this award and thought I would let people know. I have not checked other awards yet but if I find anything I will flag it up.:thup:

Andy Johnson ffs!!!:D

Michael Bradley - nice! USA is on the rise...that is pretty ridiculous. He might have won the American Player of the Year in your sim and thus be automatically entered into the World Footballer of the Year? If you notice one American player included from year to year that would be an explanation. Other than that, if you ever notice random American players listed it is clearly broken. Or whoever scouted Michael Bradley grossly overrated him. A nice player, but not a star player. Not trying to bash American players - I'm born and bred there. Just a reality.

3 years in? Increasing attributes are to be expected.

Yeah Andy Johnson is going to get himself to the level of previos winners/losers like Messi, Henry, Kaka, Zidane????

Not on this planet, the list contains no real world stars, Almunia is on the 35 man shortlist as well as Gomes, Elano, Hitzelsperger etc... No Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Eto'o, Kaka, Aguero, Casillas, Sneijder, Terry, etc...

Yeah Andy Johnson is going to get himself to the level of previos winners/losers like Messi, Henry, Kaka, Zidane????

Not on this planet, the list contains no real world stars, Almunia is on the 35 man shortlist as well as Gomes, Elano, Hitzelsperger etc... No Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Eto'o, Kaka, Aguero, Casillas, Sneijder, Terry, etc...

What is the average rating of those who are on the list?

Maybe they have just played well?

Archived