Football Manager 2009 : Regens

Neji

A sort of follow up to my 08 experiment.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=36015

I can't seem to motivate myself to go through each and every stat like I did last time so I'm changing the format this time around, so it will be more of a Q+A type thing. I've holidayed until 2030 already and will basically answer any questions you have about regens. I don't know how this will go but thought I'd try it anyway.

All I can say is that regens are MUCH better this year. The only thing I have noticed is most GK's have a very low 'rushing out' attribute.

How many wonderkids are there? Last time there were three iirc

Saying a wonderkid has CA 160+ (like the previous experiment) there are 12 in 2030 compared to 7 in 2008.

What are the physical stats like in general?

Much better than 08 but still not perfect. I've noticed that balance, jumping and natural fitness tend to be low. Comparing the numbers, it appears that there is a similar amount of players who have these stats above 15 BUT I think there needs to be more emphasis on top players. Natural Fitness is still a problem area. The overall numbers are nearer with 6740 having natural fitness 15+ in 2008 and 5035 in 2030. The problem comes with the top players though, in 2008 104 players had both CA 160+ and natural fitness 15+ but in 2030 only 25 of these players existed. Players with 15 + in all three of those areas went down from 260 to 47.

Players with great fitness again, seems to be low again. Players with 12+ in all areas dropped from 894 in 2008 to only 140 in 2030.

How many CA 190+s are there?

4 (2030)

1 (2008)

How many regens have penalty taking >17 ?

618 (2030)

412 (2008)

From what I've noticed, theres a lot of 'only' footed players - are there lots in your holiday game? (presuming you've holiday)

And also - alot of AM regens don't have a decent amount of flair - is this true in your game?

Yeah, most players are 'only' footed, some are 'right' or 'left'. I haven't seen any 'both' players yet, does anyone know what each foot has to be to be shown as both?

I did a search for AM's with flair 15+. In 2008 there was 2246 and in 2030 there was 1816. It's not something I've noticed in my games but I will keep an eye out for it.

Are physical stats stupidly good?

No. See above about them.

How are Everton Doing :D

Only thing to note is that they finished runners-up in the.... championship :D

Are physical attributes distributed well? For example, it would be bizarre if we had a load of wingers with jumping 14<. The odd few, yes, but not many.

From what I've seen/noticed they tend to be pretty good. I'll be keeping an eye out but I haven't noticed anything too dodgy.

What are the set pieces like? Are there a decent number of players with high penalty taking and free kick attributes?

For penalties, free kicks and corners there is increased numbers for all in 2030. See above for penalties. Players with free kicks 15+ increased by around 300. Players with corners 15+ increased by over 700! Players with 15+ for all of these did however fall from 132 to only 36.

I got there first dafuge :D

Another question, how many either footed players are in the database ?

As above, what stats are needed in each foot to be shown as 'either'?

GK - Rushing Out

I noticed this problem from playing a normal game so thought I'd single it out here as I beleive it is a problem.

GK's with rushing out 12+

701 (2030)

1745 (2008)

GK's with rushing out 15+

101 (2030)

320 (2008)

As you can see, this has dropped quite significantly and finding top class keepers with high rushing out is extremely difficult.

Ok - here's what I've got :

How many people are actually in the DB compared to 2008? Could that potentially be an explanation towards some of the findings.

How many players have dual nationality, and are these bizarre choices, or are they "normal" duals. (As in, England and Scotland, or Brazil and Spain)

How many players can play in more than 1 position. And how many positions is the maximum that someone can play in.

This might not be feasible, but how many players who High P.A / C.A came from clubs with low youth and training facilities? - Is there a fair amount of good players coming from poor clubs, (worldwide) - or do most good-great players come from the top clubs.

How are finances? IIRC, in FM08 clubs as low as Division 1 had £100,000,000+ because it was so easy to make money.

How many X-Players have become Staff / Managers

How many clubs have been bought out by massive money consortiums, and how many of he top clubs still have the same board.

Whats the value of he most expensive player (excluding transfers) and the value of the most expensive transfer.

Are clubs like Man City and Chelsea still filthy rich, and whats the average spend from a club like the per season on transfers.

Something I've noticed on my game (2016) - is that a lot of the world superstars never ever move. The highest valued players in my game, for example :

Bojan - £36.5m - Still at Barce

Aguero - £36.0m - Still at Athletico

Messi - £35.5m - Still at Barce

Fabregas - £34.5m - Still at Arsenal

Benzema - £33.0m - Still at Lyon

Ronaldo - £32.0m - Still at Utd.

It just amazes me that not one of the top class players has moved on. Not one. The list goes on and on, and I would just like to know if the same is true in 2030.

Who is the highest ever capped player, and who has scored the most goals ever for a nation?

Are any unique national teams coming through and winning world cups, or just progressing at alarming levels (Such as San Marino).

I'll leave it there for now, but I have many more questions :D

Either footed players. I think one foot has to be 20 and the other 15+. Try that as your search criteria.

Also, how many left footed players are there compared to right footed ones?

Are left wingers mostly left footed, etc.?

What about GKs- are they still in proportion?

Archived