Biggest game world?

I'm curious. Is there a recommended limit to how big a game world we create?

I bought a new PC:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-14500 2.60 GHz
32Gb RAM

So I thought I might give it a go. I've downloaded add ons for this. My test game showed Brisbane Roar as managerless so I added all of Asian and all of Europe.

CanIRunThis.png.4ed9c2adff5d0e5b05b4aa3e2ae57279.png

It took as long to create the save as it used to to create all base game leagues in Europe on my old PC (significantly worse but FM24 recommended). I know it's going to slow down at some point, but I just wonder if it might be too much to handle even for my new PC. I don't know how to tell.

I am just wondering if anyone has done something similar...or even bigger.

I'm a glutton for the most realistic world I can create. I'd love to have the whole world simulated. I just don't know if it's possible...or recommended.

Maybe I'll just go back to all Europe. :D

I went for something a little more reasonable. It's not massively bigger than what I would have run on old system.

image.png.91b9f16ff41a262e9ef1a6bd58ca13f2.png

Don't want to kill my new CPU before it's even a month old. :D

Posted (edited)

I run 141000 players (58 leagues) on an 8 year old PC and I have no issues. It takes about 2.5h to simulate a season in the first few, and tnen eventually moves out to about 4h a season once you cross 10 seasons. I do that test to know roughly how much processing time rach season takes. Between 2.5 and 4 hours is nothing in my opinion so I have no issue.

EDIT: I just realised what you're aiming to set up is significantly bigger so ignore me 😅

Edited by DrIgz

3 hours ago, DrIgz said:

I run 141000 players (58 leagues) on an 8 year old PC and I have no issues. It takes about 2.5h to simulate a season in the first few, and tnen eventually moves out to about 4h a season once you cross 10 seasons. I do that test to know roughly how much processing time rach season takes. Between 2.5 and 4 hours is nothing in my opinion so I have no issue.

EDIT: I just realised what you're aiming to set up is significantly bigger so ignore me 😅

Oh, I agree with the processing time. I'm a slow FM player. I played just under 800 hours in FM23 and I think I did 3 seasons. :D I can't stand saves with minimal leagues. I mean, what's the point? :lol:

And you make a good point, so no worries. My saves have often been about the same size as what you run. I like to select all playable leagues in Europe. What I posted above was an experiment really. Was curious if anyone had tried it.

I run 378 leagues from 202 countries - all playable but only full detail for international club and nations competition and the cpountry I am managing in. It takes between 10 and 12min for a week to simulate, which is less then it took me to simulate all default leagues on fm2014 on my old laptop. Since I am very patient guy this is fine, even if it slows down to like 15 or even more min.

My rig is comparable to yours - so you should be fine :D

On 09/05/2024 at 13:09, Spallo said:

I run 378 leagues from 202 countries - all playable but only full detail for international club and nations competition and the cpountry I am managing in. It takes between 10 and 12min for a week to simulate, which is less then it took me to simulate all default leagues on fm2014 on my old laptop. Since I am very patient guy this is fine, even if it slows down to like 15 or even more min.

My rig is comparable to yours - so you should be fine :D

Haha, it takes me 30+ minutes to run a match, so a 10-12 minute week would be luxury.

I like that someone's done such a vast game...and that is huge.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb anagain:

Haha, it takes me 30+ minutes to run a match, so a 10-12 minute week would be luxury.

I like that someone's done such a vast game...and that is huge.

Thats Dedication :applause: I guess I would be fine with 30min too :D 

I think that in the last years SI has made big improvements to the quick-simulation. I have done some tests with full detail and quick-sim of playable leagues and for me the difference is almost not there anymore. So I go as big as possible - I might go even bigger when the mods-cycle is done with FM24 :brock: