Control Posession 4-3-3 DM Wide Preset

Hi all what are your thoughts on the Control Posession 4-3-3 DM Wide preset tactic?

I ran it through rate my tactic and it has 5* potential.

Would it be possible to take a non-league team to the Premier League using just this preset without tweaking roles etc. (using it out of the box if you like) and focusing on player recruitment, tactical familiarity and dynamics?

Or am I wasting my time on the idea of this challenge?

TIA 🙂

It's not the worst preset out there. The shape and team instructions make sense. The player roles are not great, though:

1. W(a) feels like a more direct tactical choice based around dribbles and crosses rather than controlling possession.
  2. The only player attacking the box is the striker. A CM(a) or IF could help.
  3. I would consider using a F9(s) and inside forwards with proper wingbacks and a halfback. Inverted wingbacks are a good alternative, but then you need to keep the AML/AMR wider or use mezzalas to maintain enough width.

But it's a solid base formation and team instructions to start with. You can adust player roles based on the plays you are seeing and players at your disposal. It's not always easy to find technically skilled players who can make a possession-based system work well. Typically, it's easier to find an advantage in lower levels by focusing on physical attributes and playing fast and direct.

On 06/04/2024 at 08:42, GS_Ball said:

I ran it through rate my tactic and it has 5* potential.

I'd make no judgement based on that

On 06/04/2024 at 08:42, GS_Ball said:

Would it be possible to take a non-league team to the Premier League using just this preset without tweaking roles etc. (using it out of the box if you like) and focusing on player recruitment, tactical familiarity and dynamics?

Or am I wasting my time on the idea of this challenge?

TIA

I think you could for a hands off type save, focus on the recruitment and training etc, could be fun 

21 minutes ago, d d said:

I am starting one today, in the National North

Control Possession - Pre Set 433 Tactic

Let you know how i get on.

Yes please keep us posted on how you get on 🙂