Rename Reserve Sides

oJMPx

I had the same issue with my FM23 file. I was able to change the name of reserve teams that I had created (or ore existing ones, I can't remember which), but I needed to make a change to the editor in order to do it. I think I ended up creating affiliates in the end. 

33 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I had the same issue with my FM23 file. I was able to change the name of reserve teams that I had created (or ore existing ones, I can't remember which), but I needed to make a change to the editor in order to do it. I think I ended up creating affiliates in the end. 

What changes do i need to make to the editor?

There is a way to do it  ( Sort of )  but depends on how you want it to look in the game and in the Pre-Editor and on how you have set your reserves up

So the reserves name itself runs off the main teams short name ... So if your main teams name is Arizona Diamondbacks and this is the long and short teams name then the reserves will be Arizona Diamondbacks Reserves ? 

So what you can do is firstly set the Main league to use long team names and the reserves not to use the long name . This can be ticked or not ticked and is located under the Type and Competition level of your league page set up .

Leaguesetuppage.thumb.png.012aa1c82e97a1ac5bdbe8e311496e9f.png

Now go to the teams and click on a main team and you will see a long and short name so what you can do is make the team name shorter and as in your case you can call it Arizona or Diamondbacks or give it a name you want to give it 

Like i changed mine from Armadale SC just to Armadale ( Note the 6 letter team name i changed the to 11 letters via the comp editor but thats just another thing i did but that doesnt effect the reserves ). 

teams.thumb.png.6e8f3bf24d0189d7b076502e20867f52.png

So what you will find is that the main team name will use the short name in the Pre-editor but in the game itself it will use the long name because you ticked that box . But the reserves or Youth team in my case uses the shorter name

Now if you go down the your reserves you will see the change as mine did . ( See below ) So you can name it watever but the name reserves or youth etc cant be changed .

reserves.thumb.png.f2f1d379f10c114dbd629d939030bf49.png

This is the main team in game 

mainleague.thumb.png.98f9bc69892e4a7638a99697b135bba2.png

Reserves youth team

youth.thumb.png.f618f79a3e40d2a248c80da495dba650.png

The side effect of this isnt that bad but in the game in the history Past Winners it will use the short name 

Its not perfect but it works if thats what you want to do 

Edited by alian62

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oJMPx said:

Anyone got a solution for this? Other than making separate clubs and trying to create an affiliate link, i cant seem to find a way

No solution unless we get an editor update