Can not get striker to score. Please help

On this FM 24, the striker just doesn't score for me like before. For me, the most interesting part of the game is to see if a striker can have more goals than performances, but in a realistic ratio. It doesn't work on this game. This example is extreme, but it captures the situation nicely.

How about my tactics? What to change? By the way, these are not all the player roles that I have tried, but it doesn't work at all. It's similar for me when I play with two strikers.

Here is the save with Werder in the beginning, but when I played with Roma after 15 seasons I had two of the best strikers in the game, won 3 Champions Leagues in a row and still they didn't have particularly good goal ratio.

Is there a trick for strikers to score more?

P.S.

I don't want to open a new topic, but it seems to me that tactics with two DM's instead of two MC's work better since FM 23. Is it just me who is annoyed by it?

111111.png

Snimka zaslona 2024-01-25 003018.png

Edited by flauta kicma

4 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

On this FM 24, the striker just doesn't score for me like before. For me, the most interesting part of the game is to see if a striker can have more goals than performances, but in a realistic ratio. It doesn't work on this game. This example is extreme, but it captures the situation nicely.

How about my tactics? What to change? By the way, these are not all the player roles that I have tried, but it doesn't work at all. It's similar for me when I play with two strikers.

Here is the save with Werder in the beginning, but when I played with Roma after 15 seasons I had two of the best strikers in the game, won 3 Champions Leagues in a row and still they didn't have particularly good goal ratio.

P.S.

I don't want to open a new topic, but it seems to me that tactics with two DM's instead of two MC's work better since FM 23. Is it just me who is annoyed by it?

111111.png

Couple of things to think about :thup:

• Lack of height on a solo spearheading striker is damaging to his goal output. Sergio is also quite slow.
    • If your solo AF is slow and short, they'll struggle. 
    • This guy is not good enough to be your starting spearheading striker (although he could be a decent Nketiah style backup). The poacher role could help him a little, but personally I hate short solo poachers. 
      • Eddie Salcedo however, is! This guy is the perfect profile for a solo spearheading 9 (decent height, pace, off the ball). Here's your new number 9 (if you end up using one), it's bench time for Camello. 
  • AF in a 4-2-3-1 is a bit awkward with the double IF + AM(a)
    • Everyone in your frontline is trying to score for themselves! 
  • Your AF + pass into space will turnover possession frequently as your team looks to play the ball in behind. If opposition sit back and refuse to come out and play you can run into goal scoring problems.
    • This is compounded by high tempo/traditional wingbacks/counter/counter-press TI's.

On two DM's vs CM's it's about how they fit your tactical setup, it's not a better or worse than situation.

• In your system two DM's provide defensive cover for both your attacking wingbacks to go forward and help to cut out counter attacking chances. You could run them as CM's to commit to the high press, but you'd leave yourself vulnerable to long ball transitions from the opposition. 
    • As you're currently asking your frontline to "prevent short GK distribution", you'll see long balls frequently. 

Personally I would pick two main goal scorers from your front four and focus on getting them into goal scoring opportunities. I'd consider turning to a supporting striker, PF(s) is a favorite of mine, who could give you a more cohesive attack. 

Edited by Cloud9

Just try to change both IF to Wingers and check how it works. Looks like your striker has no enough support from deeper/wider positions. Your passing and options very limited near opposite box, because IF moves in very specific routes.

In my front four I use this system and my AF end up with a good amount of chances to have more goals than games played. Then if the striker underperforms his xG is not my problem:

-------------------AF-------------------

-----IF(s)-----AM(s)-----(IWs)-----

AF: primary goalscorer

IF(s): second striker

AM(s) and IW(s): creators.

DM(s) and DM(d) behind them to recycle the ball.

WB(s) behind the IF and WB(a) behind the IW(s).

On 24/01/2024 at 23:41, flauta kicma said:

P.S.

111111.png

Camello lacks aerial ability so I'd set it to low crosses. I'd also consider work ball into box because he's not going to get on the end of many crosses - so you want to discourage your players doing so. Of course if you're struggling to get a goal late on in a match you can turn this off in order to increase urgency. 

Maybe change the AMC role to a playmaker (if you have a decent one) so there's someone threading balls through to him. With your current tactic all the players in the final third are looking to get further forward so it would be beneficial to have one staying in the hole looking to create chances.