FM24 | Alpine Eagles

Vladis

A.C._Trento_S.C.S.D._logo.png 

Trento.jpg Trento_Stadio_Briamasco_3.jpg

Trento is an educational, scientific, financial and political centre in Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, in Tyrol and Northern Italy in general. The city often ranks highly among Italian cities for quality of life, standard of living, and business and job opportunities, being ranked 5th in 2017. Trento is also one of the nation's wealthiest and most prosperous cities, with its province being one of the richest in Italy, with a GDP per capita of €31,200 and a nominal GDP of €16.563 billion.

Being located in such wealth and beautiful city, A.C. Trento 1921 only few years ago promoted to the professional league. But I truly believe that Trento deserves top flight football. And my main goal is to bring them there. 

No restrictions, DNA, moneyball or something like that even though I like these things. Just pure football, realistic approach to squad and staff recruitment and building strong youth setup. One feature I want to implement - creating strong scouting network in Tyrol–South Tyrol–Trentino Euroregion with affiliated connections between clubs of region. But it`s a future question. For now, we need to concentrate on climbing the Italian football pyramid. 

---

8l8ZsC2.png

NjkRweV.png 

Edited by Vladis

A.C._Trento_S.C.S.D._logo.png MEET THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

9YGtiMQ.png

Defenders

u9W7Vln.png

Midfielders

zq0kYo7.png

Attacking line

JrHM63O.png

I`m satisfied with overall level of players at my disposal. I would love to have more depth in attack and may be 1-2 solid defensive midfielders but at least until January we will work with those who are here.

Key players (images are clickable)

zl9O7h3.png

Almost top defender for this level. He has Barca, Juve youth teams in his background and even two years in Mexico.

a58tYgf.png

Already a veteran. Good playmaker though he could be prisoner of our tactical set-up.

NlvCwBb.png

Very strong keeper for Serie C. On loan from Sassuolo.

Young prospects (images are clickable)

yw62WoH.png

Lorenzo is a nephew of legendary Alessandro Del Piero. He doesn`t have even a half of talent of his famous uncle but could be solid striker for Serie B in the future.

Proposed Tactical Set-up

rvBdYOz.png

Simplicity is as key at this level. I`m not comfortable with hoofball so we will try to use short passes in positional attacks and mix it with quick counter-attacks. 

dqgV4hk.png

Not too much news from our pre-season. Luckily, we`ve avoided any serious injures except of our loaned fullback Vaglica who will miss first 3-5 matches of the season. In 8 friendly matches we lost only once to Cesena but looked much better on the pitch. Don`t be surprised with big win over Groningen as they played their 2nd squad against us. Board expects at least play-offs and with 9 teams qualifying there the goal is absolutely reachable.

8M5EZlo.png

Decent start of the season. We dominated (I`m Gunners` fan, I know) in all fixtures except for last one against Pro Sesto. We are still lacking in cohesion, but I already like what players try to do on the pitch.

djJikke.png

It's a great month. 3 times we've come back from 0-2 down which speaks of the character of the team. But at the same time we need to get better or more correct going into the game. The picture on the bottom right shows that we concede more often in the first half and score more goals in the second half. Maybe it's a matter of an incorrect game plan or the players are not motivated enough from the start. We will work on it, but the result is still pleasing.  In less pleasant news, we lost Pasquato, the most creative and experienced player in the team, for at least the rest of the calendar year.

aQD4fGh.png

We continue our unbeaten streak in the league, even though the wins aren't easy to get. Not everything is going well in attack. We create a lot, but our conversation rate is one of the worst in the league. The Serie C Cup is not a priority at all, so I am not particularly upset about the defeat in this competition, as well as the board.

JdkhUZV.png

Our team is in a great shape and what's pleasing is that the attack has performed well this month. We end the first leg with an 8-point handicap, but we must keep our heads up, we still have 19 tough matches ahead of us.

Y2CdpGZ.png

Firstly, about transfers. It was challenging to acquire players who could improve the team during the season due to our finances and reputation. We signed on free two well-known for football fans (not only in Italy) Jacopo Sala and Stefano Okaka. Their experience should help us in the second half of the season. Young forward Omar is called to add pace to the attack. Another loan deal is midfielder Kubica who should add more depth to central zone. Sarri is our new backup keeper.

Short month in terms of matches played. In two matches against one of the main contenders for a direct ticket to Serie B, we could not win, but a draw is not a bad result against such opponents. 

Edited by Vladis

16 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

Fantastic season so far and love the presentation, very clean and fresh!!

Thanks mate. So far it`s great but securing 1st place is a really tough task)

xUj68S8.png

February has started out terrible. Two losses in a row. But then we got the game back on track a little bit. First, we managed to beat Pro Patria being 10th man most of the match, then we made an incredible comeback against Atalanta U23. And then we finished the month with a huge win with a penta-trick from Petrovic. I honestly can't remember the last time my player scored five goals in an official match in FM.

gChEwnY.png

We lost probably the most important match of the season and allowed Padova to catch up with us in the standings. Given their form it will be extremely difficult to keep the 1st place, but they lost a couple of points at the end of the month, as well as we did.

YldPjvV.png

Absolutely crazy finish of the season. Before the last round we were equal with Padova in terms of points and goal difference. We remained on the first position only thanks to the number of goals scored. The decisive game was tense, but we won deservedly and with that we secured the title and, more importantly, promotion to Serie B, for the first time in the history of Trento! 

The whole season was a real battle, there were hardly any easy matches. Considering the average level of the team, the championship is a really outstanding achievement.

Now we have enough time to analyze this season and prepare for Serie B campaign. Board has already informed me about increasing wage budget to 65k euro p/w (we spend 42k currently). So it will not be easy to significantly strengthen the team, but I`m hoping for good loan options available alongside with free players.

Edited by Vladis

p1uPk3B.png

ZfYhBxu.png

Player Stats | Ivan Zingaro | Alessandro D`Antoni | Nicolas Edoa

It was an awesome hunt! I haven't done the math, but we may have broken the record for the number of comebacks. We didn't have any standout performers, but the team's spirit proved to be fine. This title is absolutely a team effort. It is almost certain that many players from this team will be gone next season, but they have already written their names in the history of the club. 

Edited by Vladis

OuiHzWj.png

The new season is about to start. A lot of work was done on the transfer market in the summer. There was not much money to strengthen the squad, plus the reputation of the club by the standards of Serie B is extremely low and this also significantly limited the range of potential candidates for strengthening. Nevertheless, we managed to make some good transfers. 
First of all, it should be noted that one of the most important players of the team - goalkeeper Russo - signed a full contract with the club after a season on loan. In defence we managed to sign high quality defenders Merroni and Antonitsch. Also, for a considerable amount of money for us was bought fullback from Atalanta Ceresoli. The midfield has been strengthened by Odjer and Carpani, who had quality seasons in Serie C in the past year. In the attacking line I would highlight Bifulco (on loan). We failed to find a solid forward in rotation to Petrovic. So, we limited ourselves here by loaning young Crespi from Lazio.

Odds say that we almost have no chances for surviving, but I believe that this squad is capable of avoiding relegation. Though we need a bit of luck of course. 

JORIp3q.png

Firstly, about later transfers deals. Signed in January veterans Sala and Okaka left the club. And two new signings are fullback Tommaso Corazza (loan from Cagliari) and really good addition to our attack Michael Liguori (loan from Padova). So our summer transfer campaign is finished for now.

First official matches were cup games. No surprises here though we fought bravely against Serie A side Salernitana. But Serie B start is a big surprise for me, pleasant of course. Yes, teams we faced are not promotion contenders but still solid teams. And we dominated in all three fixtures. Is it a luck? Future matches will give an answer.

WgKSLiB.png

We continue to perform above expectations. Crespi started this month wih his first hat-trick in professional career but suddenly got injured soon and missed all next matches. Though we still didn`t have big troubles in scoring even with xg less than 1.0.

i1myzhY.png

Only 3 matches but another important points. We are clear out of relegation zone, top-3 is just a bonus for me at this stage. May be I`m too pessimistic but it`s our first Serie B campaign in history with only few players matching standards (on paper) of good 2nd tier side. 

3pAKJQq.png

December was marked with the return of the Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol derby. However, match was boring, not the best game from our side. But there was an impressive win in Sicily against Palermo.

We finish the first round in the playoff zone, which can still be seen as overachieving. The last two months were not so outstanding, but the main thing is that the relegation zone is far away and judging by the xg table we are playing very well.

rA2ZbyV.png

Two signings we made in January. Very talented guys arrived on loan deal. Central defender Fredrik Nissen (from Monza) and Irish/Albanian Forward Kevin Zefi (from Inter). At the same time 3 players left the club (also on loan deals). Barison and Di Cosmo lost their place in squad and young Del Piero left for more playing time in Serie C.

Not too much to say about these 3 matches. Deserved win at home over Feralpisalo and a bit of luck in clash with Frosinone.

wB7Ksux.png

What a month! 20 goals in 5 matches with only 2 conceded. Biggest ever win with 5 goals from our new signings Zefi and Nissen followed by another 4 wins in a row including one over promotion contenders Genoa. Wow! Completely unexpectedly, we're in the race for promotion now.

0TB7ILz.png

Firstly we were better on derby against Sudtirol, then suddenly lost at home to Palermo but next two matches we special as we got crucial 6 points in fixtures with our main competitors for direct promotion. Another pleasant news is Del Piero made his debut on international level (U19 team).

f0tJw0D.png

You can have a heart attack with this game. I'm just speechless. Probably the most epic and tense ending to a season in my fm history. We missed a few seconds to secure promotion against Sampdoria and thus gave ourselves and the fans a ton of stress in the last round. But a miracle did happen. Trento in Serie A!!!  I will stop here for now, summary of the season will be a little bit later, but for now I will go for a validol.

9 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

What a way to finish the season, think you have thrown it away and then save it in the last game!! Congrats on the promotion!!!

Thanks;) Yes, it was real emotional swings. Playing last round against Venezia I followed the score of Sampdoria match vs. Catanzaro and they were leading comfortably most of the match. So I knew that every single mistake could cost us 2nd spot. 

bnQS2qd.png

jis2WoF.png

usqoFPj.png

Players Stats | Best Eleven | Record Brakers | Youth Intake | Fabio Verdiani

It's hard to imagine how much we've exceeded expectations. I myself during the season thought only about securing ourselves from relegation and any thoughts about promotion only appeared in February, when the team started to show a simply outstanding performance. In the aftermath, it's hard to say exactly what was the reason for this success. Most likely it is a mix of team cohesion, strong tactical approach and a lot of micromanagement.

I don't want to single out anyone in particular from the team, but it is worth mentioning how important Zefi and Nissen, who were loaned in the winter, were. Our goalkeeper Russo was also at an extremely high level.

I still don't fully understand how we will build the team for the upcoming season, but it is obvious that we will be in the status of the main underdogs again. WO020Du.png The board has provided us with an acceptable budget, given that the club's financial situation is not the best at the moment. The main task now is to decide who to sign and re-sign key players. And then we will probably look for good loan deals and free players again. Most likely at least half of the transfer budget will be transferred to the wage budget.

eibra9V.png

Well, one more historically significant news. Looks like Trento's gonna have a new home. If all goes according to plan, we'll be playing in a new 12,000-seat arena within a year. The only downside is that the club has taken on a significant loan of 19.5 million euros.

Edited by Vladis

• 2 weeks later...

T0atI61.png

FoiKM5P.png

First top-tier season in Trento history is going to start. Summer transfer was a little bit chaotic because of poor scouting knowledge of top Italian and global markets but anyway we made a lot of signings and strengthened (hopefully) every line of our squad (except goalkeepers where we are in good shape). If you want any screenshots of new signings - free to ask. 

Odds say we have no chances for survival, but we know how to surprise people. I have hope in our ability to stay in the league. But if not - we will still have good benefits in terms of finances.

lyp3DAg.png

Our historical start in Serie A officially happened. And we are ok even with 1-7 from Inter. We took 4 points and lost games we should have lost. Van Hooijdonk is our main man in attack so far.  Also, we successfully passed through the first round of the Coppa Italia and will compete against Lecce in December.

W3vt4O3.png

The month of ups and downs. We had a brilliant and sensational win over Roma, drew with the strong Atalanta and Bologna sides, but lost in the matches where I would have expected points. Hooijdonk and Omeonga are among the best in the league for goals and assists so far and honestly we are very dependable of their form.

h8AwEhL.png

Following the home win over Roma, we made an even bigger sensation by beating AC Milan at the San Siro. And then after losing to another top clubs Juve and Napoli we took crucial 3 points in match against Verona. Also, we go further in Coppa Italia after beating Lecce. Next opponent is Inter.

So, we are in one game from finishing the first leg of the season. We are 10 points clear from relegation zone which is very pleasing. To ensure that we will stay in Serie A I guess we need 40 points. It means that in the second leg we should at least keep the current level in terms of points.

Edited by Vladis

0fyVHNY.png

January transfer window was not reach for big deals. Nevertheless, we managed to make four fairly decent purchases.

oQrtung.png

Hadj Mahmoud | Manolo Portanova | Emerson | Alessandro Vogliacco

I would pinpoint Portanova transfer as he should become one of the most important players in current squad.

---

Another sensation at Giuseppe Meazza/San Siro. This time we defeated Inter in cup game. Good revenge for 1-7 in September. In the league we are ok, sitting clear out from relegation zone. Van Hooijdonk unstoppable.

JkpmxMU.png

I`m really glad that we took points in matches against the teams at the bottom of the table. At the same time we looked solid in match with Inter and could afford some tactical experiments against Lazio. Our run in Coppa Italia ended at Renato Dall`Ara where we didn`t play the strongest XI.

iucj8yQ.png

K4fAucz.png

drKxb2A.png

Player Stats | Finances | Youth Intake (awful)

---

Our debut in the top division is definitely a success. The 10th place is above even my most optimistic expectations. With a squad of Serie B's mid-table level at our disposal, we managed to climb so high - that's something to be proud of. Van Hooijdonk turned out to be a real discovery for me. With 26 goals he became the second scorer in the league after Vlahovic.

We have a quite difficult task for upcoming summer - with very tight wage budget (180k p/w) and 5M on transfers we need to find the way for strengthening the team. But there will be some great news in June. New stadium! And upgraded training facilities.