Best Striker role when using CM(A)

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I like a DLF or CF 

TREQ or F(9) would be great too but they're hard to find 

I like using a DLF(A) in my other tactics, but I'm trying to come up with a new tactic. How would you line up my tactic above?

I'm testing this to, what do you think?

fm24 new 1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

The left hand side could be lethal but also vulnerable 

I'm also not a fan of a DLP as a CM in a 4-3-3, so two things to keep your eye on 

Try it out & see what you think anyway 

Thanks which roles would you use? You use the DLP in the DM slot?

What about this? Full Back is fine or would a Wing Back work better?

DLP on support to bring him closer to the CM's?

433 fm24.jpg

Edited by toon army 06

I'd have the FB on Support on the left with a DM(S), a DLP(S) could work well here too depending on what you see 

I've always found having a CM(A) with DM(D) can leave an acre of space in midfield so I like the DM to push up a bit and with that I have to sacrifice a Wingback (hence the FB) 

35 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'd have the FB on Support on the left with a DM(S), a DLP(S) could work well here too depending on what you see 

I've always found having a CM(A) with DM(D) can leave an acre of space in midfield so I like the DM to push up a bit and with that I have to sacrifice a Wingback (hence the FB) 

Thanks I'll try that out, is the full back on the right fine?

I'm trying a DM(S), but changed the BBM to an AP(S)

Edited by toon army 06

Similar to the question about what striker to pair with an AM(a) or SS, two main schools of thought here:

-You have a linking striker who'll drop deep to create space for the CM(a) to fill, or to play the pass/drag the defenders around for the CM to run in behind. So you could use a DLF or CF or TF. In build up these two might also help play some 1-2s to get you up the pitch. 

-You use a an AF or PFa or Poacher to occupy the centre backs and the CMa can take up positions at the edge of the box. This will also in theory create space for the CMa to drive forward with the ball (centre backs can't step up without leaving AF 1 on 1). 

I think it depends on the rest of your tactic, the midfielders and also the wingers. 

I've been running

IFs-AF-IWs

CMa-B2B

As my front 5 in a 433 and it works well. The AF doesn't get involved in build up at all unless it is as an out-ball. The CMa scores a fair few, averaging around 0.3-0.4 npxG/90 and the AF does pretty well too, but is mostly there to create space for the combo play from the other 4 and the full backs. 

If you were playing with IFa or Wa then a more supporting or hybrid striker might suit better. 

I'm using Bruno Fernandes as a CM (A) with this setup, even tho i changed the BBM to a DLP (S) because i wanted a 3-2-5 instead of the 3-1-6 that i thought was too exposed.

image.png.f89a8e7268797e03ba517922ab56d331.png

Cheers,
Bitner

Edited by Bitner

22 hours ago, Flußkrebs said:

Similar to the question about what striker to pair with an AM(a) or SS, two main schools of thought here:

-You have a linking striker who'll drop deep to create space for the CM(a) to fill, or to play the pass/drag the defenders around for the CM to run in behind. So you could use a DLF or CF or TF. In build up these two might also help play some 1-2s to get you up the pitch. 

-You use a an AF or PFa or Poacher to occupy the centre backs and the CMa can take up positions at the edge of the box. This will also in theory create space for the CMa to drive forward with the ball (centre backs can't step up without leaving AF 1 on 1). 

I think it depends on the rest of your tactic, the midfielders and also the wingers. 

I've been running

IFs-AF-IWs

CMa-B2B

As my front 5 in a 433 and it works well. The AF doesn't get involved in build up at all unless it is as an out-ball. The CMa scores a fair few, averaging around 0.3-0.4 npxG/90 and the AF does pretty well too, but is mostly there to create space for the combo play from the other 4 and the full backs. 

If you were playing with IFa or Wa then a more supporting or hybrid striker might suit better. 

What do you think of this? Any changes you'd make? It's went ok apart from a few results, but I'm now going to try it with a standard line to see how that goes.

What about a CM(s) with the Winger on attack? Or a CM(s) with an IW(s) or attack & WB(s)?

fm24 1111.jpg

Edited by toon army 06

Would lower tempo work better with standard passing? I'm finding when using the lower tempo with short passing I don't score enough. I tried short passing & higher tempo, we move the ball faster but can have like 20 shots with 4 on target. For higher tempo maybe standard passing to?

You could try using the TI of passing into space or be more expressive, they might activate the creativity of your players w/o changing the tempo

Cheers,
Bitner 

11 horas atrás, toon army 06 disse:

Would lower tempo work better with standard passing? I'm finding when using the lower tempo with short passing I don't score enough. I tried short passing & higher tempo, we move the ball faster but can have like 20 shots with 4 on target. For higher tempo maybe standard passing to?

On 31/12/2023 at 01:26, Bitner said:

You could try using the TI of passing into space or be more expressive, they might activate the creativity of your players w/o changing the tempo

Cheers,
Bitner 

Thanks