[FM24.3] Club World Cup redux 2024 (moved up to address fitness)

The Club World Cup is STILL host to all kinds of preseason fitness issues, so we can only guess that for the devs to fix whatever coding results in being unable to field a competitive team would have too many knock-on effects with other preseason stuff and we're just limping into FM25 with a broken CWC to start fresh with the new game engine next year. As a result, the best we can do is move the whole thing up by four weeks - unrealistic, yes, but so is fielding a team of 4 players because the rest of your team are on holiday (:confused:).

This takes the existing summer tournament scheduled for 2025 and makes it finish 4 weeks later with the final on Community Shield weekend (which should get bumped if you're in both). I'm not sure how the default version grabs the 5th-12th European teams (IRL it's a 4-year ranking), I've gone with the 8-year club coefficient you can sort by in the editor. Also updated the prize money.

If anyone has noticed any other issues with the CWC so far let me know, this will have the same problems as the default version but we can fix it here (working on making the US host 2025 every time).

Spoiler

CWCscheduling.thumb.png.c415ffab70b0dd5cb9857b6cf228c327.png

DOWNLOAD (backup) (NOTE THAT THIS MAY NO LONGER BE REQUIRED SINCE THE LATEST OFFICIAL UPDATES)

Compatible with:
USA 2024 | Intercontinental Cup | CONCACAF to Libertadores | Russian clubs to ACL

Edited by themodelcitizen

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM24] Club World Cup redux (moved up to address fitness)
8 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Forgot about that, did they manage to implement it in the default game? I gave up last year. Only thing I can think of would be come incredibly convoluted team pools but likely not worth the effort

I believe so, yes. I quite like it since it prevents it just being all English/Spanish teams from Europe :D

But yeah, seems awfully hard with the limited tools we have access to.

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM24] Club World Cup redux 2024 (moved up to address fitness)
On 19/12/2023 at 17:09, rusty217 said:

I believe so, yes. I quite like it since it prevents it just being all English/Spanish teams from Europe :D

But yeah, seems awfully hard with the limited tools we have access to.

This is 2029 (finally running a long-term sim with all these mods enabled):

Spoiler

cwc2029.thumb.png.07eafc84c9b462bcf4ec2e490ea730b3.png

And the Euro club coefficient:

Spoiler

coeff.thumb.png.a96044c57b8630454029a67af3880a63.png

Poor Arsenal and Spurs missing out (as intended) for not being the top 2 English teams (or winning the CL). Like a reverse of the Super League logic.

I'm assuming Fiorentina got in over Inter because the seeding was done before the previous European season was completed (same as real life) - you can see Fiorentina would have been ranked above them one season prior.

My 2025 sims always have Porto and Benfica in there too, which I believe is set for real life, effectively due to the two-per-country cap. My method isn't a perfect way of capping it at two countries - there might be weird quirks like 2 English or Saudi teams getting in even if you're somehow in a world where their coefficients have dropped like a rock - but it passes the smell test

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM24.3] Club World Cup redux 2024 (moved up to address fitness)
18 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

My pleasure, I haven't run any in-game tests, when I get time (could be a while) I should really see how the CWC looks without my file and if it even needs these repairs anymore

I've just run a quick test without the file, and... I think it might actually be fixed at last? Training appears to happen as normal and players aren't overly fatigued!

14 hours ago, CLS said:

I've just run a quick test without the file, and... I think it might actually be fixed at last? Training appears to happen as normal and players aren't overly fatigued!

Nothing I like better than my files being rendered obsolete. Not even joking! :onmehead:

• 3 weeks later...