Is there something wrong with OPPDA ?

As shown below, for some reason in FM24 it seems that a higher defensive line means higher OPPDA. In real life this would make sense, but in FM afaik OPPDA is essentially the real-life PPDA metric, rather than the real-life OPPDA metric. Is this something anyone else has experienced this year?

image.thumb.png.b7450ef0a6cf818b7a7210e17495ec7f.png

32 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

What is OPPDA?

Opposition passes per defensive actions.

Agree with OP, I`m confused with this too. Though if in FM it`s treated as ppda IRL, this answers my question why with high press I always have higher numbers of oppda than opposition who sits in his own half.

I think SI measure this differently as irl. This stat measure opposinitions passes in their half and a little after halfway before a defensive action happen by your team. SI measure this on YOURS half which mean how many passes opponents have made in YOUR half before your team do a defensive action but I have experience this too that whatever I do if you play with high press you have high numbers of OPPDA.

Edited by dzek

On 15/12/2023 at 18:02, dzek said:

I think SI measure this differently as irl. This stat measure opposinitions passes in their half and a little after halfway before a defensive action happen by your team. SI measure this on YOURS half which mean how many passes opponents have made in YOUR half before your team do a defensive action but I have experience this too that whatever I do if you play with high press you have high numbers of OPPDA.

But even then still you'd expect a high line to encounter less passes per defensive action in your own half compared to a lower defensive line. Having very few teams clustered in the bottom right quadrant feels off. 

32 minutes ago, dannyfc said:

But even then still you'd expect a high line to encounter less passes per defensive action in your own half compared to a lower defensive line. Having very few teams clustered in the bottom right quadrant feels off. 

It would be a good idea to ask SI