This is a crime

Playing deep in non-league and came across this guy.

How in God's name do you have a kid who is 6'4 with 17 jumping reach, 14 aggression, and 11 bravery, and you're not playing him at centreback?? OK so maybe he's not the best at heading the ball, but it's freaking NON-LEAGUE. GET IN THE MIDDLE!

2023-12-11_13-59-52.png

1 hour ago, Poison said:

It's because he can cross really well. Jokes aside, just retrain him and he might even become a natural there? I don't see the issue.

tbf, there's little chance he'll even have the spare potential ability points to learn a new position at that level. Probably best to use an in-game editor in these cases.

4 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Meh, I feel if his most important cb-skills arent very good which it seems they arent, than the physical traits take a backseat. But def retrain him, may end up being a natural and u hit the lottery

Just curious, what would you define as his most important center back skills?

I wouldn’t do this experiment higher up the leagues, FYI. But in tier 9, physicals are so crucial, in my experience. 

3 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Why not just play him as an inverted fullback? 

a. Because I don’t really understand what an inverted fullback is, haha. Can you explain why he would be good at that?

b. My current tactic has fullbacks on attack on his side of the field, and he doesn’t seem like a great fit for attacking. 

3 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

a. Because I don’t really understand what an inverted fullback is, haha. Can you explain why he would be good at that?

b. My current tactic has fullbacks on attack on his side of the field, and he doesn’t seem like a great fit for attacking. 

inverted fullback becomes another centerback when you have the ball. You'd have to reconfigure your tactics a bit but then there would be no retraining of position.

I'd suggest going over to the tactics forum as people over there know much more than I do.