How do I start Modding?

ImJohnFolks

Which tools are commonly used for tinkering (Modding FM24)?

I simply enjoy experimenting and observing the outcomes, a passion I've done this exact thing in various games, particularly in the Spintires franchise and with a bit in FIFA 21.

Edited by ImJohnFolks

What do you want to mod?

To mod the look of the game see the skinning forum. To change or create databases have a look around these pages and download the pre-game editor, if you haven't already. This allows you to change various data in the game. There's a few stickied threads at the top of the editor's hideaway, and advanced rules forums. If you get stuck use the search or ask for help, you'll eventually get an answer, maybe 🤔😉

6 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

What do you want to mod?

To mod the look of the game see the skinning forum. To change or create databases have a look around these pages and download the pre-game editor, if you haven't already. This allows you to change various data in the game. There's a few stickied threads at the top of the editor's hideaway, and advanced rules forums. If you get stuck use the search or ask for help, you'll eventually get an answer, maybe 🤔😉

Until you're searching a confusing phrase from some obscure editor rule and discover it's never been uttered by anyone, ever, in any setting, including on google :confused:

A lot of it depends on what you want to mod, and the quality will depend on the depth you're willing to go to with setup. If you're doing a lot of edits or working with a lot of teams it can get tedious, but in the long run it's pretty worth it

I want to tinker with lots of things like managers getting sacked to easily.

Man City got sacked came 2nd in the league 2 loses and 4 draws whole season won the champions league the only thing they didn’t win other than the prem was the fa cup

They got sacked because they lost to me (Liverpool 3 times)

Allow a little less transfer budget for all main teams etc

Theres lots of things really player values being a little higher in some cases but also lower in other

I don’t know exactly just want to be able to take a look at everything and anything I can basically

1 hour ago, ImJohnFolks said:

^Anyone?

Not really sure what you are asking . If you want to make your own leagues etc then download the editor file via steam and have a look ?  Best way is to down load a file via the editor forum above abd see how they have done things . As for making you own skin go to the skiining forum abd download the basic skin and start from there .

18 hours ago, ImJohnFolks said:

I want to tinker with lots of things like managers getting sacked to easily.

Man City got sacked came 2nd in the league 2 loses and 4 draws whole season won the champions league the only thing they didn’t win other than the prem was the fa cup

They got sacked because they lost to me (Liverpool 3 times)

Allow a little less transfer budget for all main teams etc

Theres lots of things really player values being a little higher in some cases but also lower in other

I don’t know exactly just want to be able to take a look at everything and anything I can basically

I am not aware that we can change manager sacking frequency or player values (probably due to player value being dynamic), but you surely can change the transfer budget of a team to your heart's content.

Screenshot2023-11-23124626.thumb.png.b82c89be618010adc2de294fb69858ef.png

Load up FM24 pre-game editor, on "Database" find "Clubs", use "Add Condition" to find the club(s) that you want to edit

Screenshot2023-11-23123857.thumb.png.77bbdea361e9d16ee6f4caad6ab6a88b.png

Take Manchester City as an example, they have HK$350M transfer budget

Screenshot2023-11-23124853.thumb.png.f2e3d3f50569c24e0472baf007b03e57.png

From the club you chosen, go to "General" under "Finances" to find the "Transfer Budget" option to change the transfer budget, I changed it from HK$350M to HK$50M

Screenshot2023-11-23125151.thumb.png.5dfda13c94286273dad978893d90c115.png

Save the file and start up FM24 to find the transfer budget be changed!:hammer:

As to why there are so few replies to this thread is because the question is a bit too broad, I for one don't know how to answer your question at first, but based on what you are asking in the replies, I would recommend you to have a go on FM24 pre-game editor and when you hit a roadblock, you can always ask the question on this forum :brock:.

lowBudgetManCity.fmf

Edited by Bentfi