Fining and Disciplining Players

So i know this feature was took out on the "basis of it being illegal" and yet it ain't even in the UK it isn't. when clubs have fined their players for a lot of things with well documented case like Zouma being fined a reported 1 month wages for the video about his cat.

most worker laws about "fines" also state about minimum wage in that an employer can't fine an employee if it then puts that employee below the minimum wage. 

to me it just feels like a copout excuse to take it out if im honest as player interaction is at an all time low in actually realism and they then get rid of one of the only few things that actually seemed to do anything.

9 hours ago, shadowraiden90 said:

So i know this feature was took out on the "basis of it being illegal" and yet it ain't even in the UK it isn't. when clubs have fined their players for a lot of things with well documented case like Zouma being fined a reported 1 month wages for the video about his cat.

most worker laws about "fines" also state about minimum wage in that an employer can't fine an employee if it then puts that employee below the minimum wage. 

to me it just feels like a copout excuse to take it out if im honest as player interaction is at an all time low in actually realism and they then get rid of one of the only few things that actually seemed to do anything.

It has been deemed illegal by FIFA and validated in CAS, but only for poor performances. Fines for other things, such as conduct or the like has, as far as I know, not been deemed illegal.

It's illegal to fine for poor performance. I'm a qualified and active football coach so can confirm this is true. Its because a poor performance to you might not be construed as a poor performance by the player, so it's considered subjective. You can fine for breaking club rules or breaching a contract, which is kind of in the game with the code of conduct.

Considering training performance is also affected by quality of training (e.g. coaches, grounds, player's age), it makes sense why it's not there anymore. However, I'd prefer a team meeting over having to click over every single individual regarding how badly they've been doing.