Short throw-ins in the final third are as dangerous as penalties.

I would say almost a majority of all goals i see in the match engine come from short throw-ins in the final third. There is something seriously wrong with how the AI behaves regarding them. Whenever a highlight starts with a team taking a short throw-in in the final third, i know 3/4 times it will result in a goal.

There are a few problems i've noticed occur during short throw-ins in the final third.
The defense line is very low, and extremely low blocks are absolutely terrible in the FM match engine.
After the ball is put into play after a short throw, attackers drive vertically across the field and into the penalty box. They face ZERO resistance doing this. They stroll into the penalty box while the defenders are orbiting around like headless chickens. The same thing happens with world class defenders with tight marking and hard tackling instructions. It seems like the defenders are completely powerless defending against vertical drives.

I feel like this has been an issue, not just in FM24, but in previous iterations as well. 

Tbh throw ins are just a convenient time to start a highlight from, and you get loads of them in a game (most of which don't end in highlights)

I actually switched to long throws because I get a lot more chances direct from rebounds from them than I ever did trying to create something against a set defence...

But if you're seeing specific unlikely patterns or marking lapses you can file bug reports

5 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Tbh throw ins are just a convenient time to start a highlight from, and you get loads of them in a game (most of which don't end in highlights)

I actually switched to long throws because I get a lot more chances direct from rebounds from them than I ever did trying to create something against a set defence...

But if you're seeing specific unlikely patterns or marking lapses you can file bug reports

I think its more the ones that occur around the box. They turn into little one-twos and defenders don't mark or track runs very well despite having a numerical advantage. It's definitely been logged for the past 2-3 iterations though its progressed from a throw-in > pass back > cross > goal to at least a few passes before a player streaks across the edge of the area unchallenged. If they made the defenders look more competent I think it'd be less of an issue even if the outcomes remain.