Personal Assistant, Player Liaison Faces - FM24

seagull84

Has something changed with FM 24 regarding how to change these faces? I've followed exactly the instructions from old threads from fm22 and fm23 but can't for the life of me find a way to change these faces, is there a different setting in this iteration? 

Any help greatly appreciated!

4 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

Has something changed with FM 24 regarding how to change these faces? I've followed exactly the instructions from old threads from fm22 and fm23 but can't for the life of me find a way to change these faces, is there a different setting in this iteration? 

Any help greatly appreciated!

have you looked here

1 minute ago, seagull84 said:

I have... but it seems there is no MAC version of Artmoney available and through the other route (changing a player face to silhouette with a number in - fm22) just isn't working at all.

Wondering if there is another way to tackle this? 

Most of the time the Unique IDs in the file from the game before are a bit behind where they are in new games. So it maybe be a case of updating the range of numbers in the config files which can be a pain, but you can start by looking at your Club Doctors ID and that'll give you an idea of the range/area the new Unique IDs are in. Other options include checking one number after your own manager Unique ID for personal assistant.

2 hours ago, seagull84 said:

That's great thanks ... so I tried the Manager ID plus 1 and that didn't work.... the club doctor id seems to be very different to all the IDs that were thrown up by previous methods. Now I know the club doctor ID how can I use that to help? 

So that gives you an idea of what IDs need to be in your config file for the number image replacing faces method. Think this one is the highest Unique IDs i'd ever used/created - see if the Doctors ID is in there, if so could be worth trying to see if it helps the number/image method work. 

Should say the config is for the UID finder file with images 1 to 15000

config C.xml

Edited by giglet13

15 hours ago, seagull84 said:

That's great thanks ... so I tried the Manager ID plus 1 and that didn't work.... the club doctor id seems to be very different to all the IDs that were thrown up by previous methods. Now I know the club doctor ID how can I use that to help? 

That's interesting because thats the only one that I've been able to get to work!

EDIT: It turns out that I put the wrong number into the config search, and I've now been able to get the Press Officer to work. Last year the Player Liason's ID was one more than the Press Officer, so I'm hoping that's now working (just waiting for a news item!). I've added the config that I've been using. I'm using the folder of pictures from 1-15,000

config.xml

Edited by Watson156

I've worked out the issue (and come to the problem it's a pretty impossible solution)

The problem was the file I downloaded from another site had .png files from 1-1000 but then replicated the coding thousands of times (so when my Press Officer was coming up as 320 there were thousands of entries for 320 making it impossible to identify the UID and it was such a huge file that reloading the skin would take forever)

I could get it to work and get the face in but couldn't identify UID - it could be one of thousands and the file was unsustainably big to keep in.

@Watson156 thanks for your file, that looks much better as there is no multiple entries so am going to give that a go now and see if it works. Thank you!

EDIT- found what I needed.

Basically I just downloaded a really bad file / how to on this initially that caused all the issues. Just needed to start the whole thing again.

Thanks for the help it helped me through the logic

Edited by seagull84

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chazz said:

Wait, so you can rename your Press Officer? can you tell me how? it doesn't work for me when i add names to the "support staff" file

no, i don't think you can change the name as it's part of whats used to locate and change the picture

In questo momento, snowofman ha scritto:

no, i don't think you can change the name as it's part of whats used to locate and change the picture

Last couple of years i'm sure you could ( i did it myself) just by going to Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\edt\permanent and add the names in the file called "support staff". This year tho I can't, is it only me?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, seagull84 said:

I had this working perfectly up until the latest update and now the faces are back to the horrible Regen faces and the finder isn't working for me.... anyone had any luck with the latest patch?

Probably just do what you did last time.

latest FM patch fixed the ID issue that was

18 hours ago, snowofman said:

Probably just do what you did last time.

latest FM patch fixed the ID issue that was

What I did last time doesn't work now, there were 15,000 IDs in the config but it seems they don't cover those particular people - also seems like the Personal Assistant is no longer manager ID +1

- My doctor ID is 29174501... all the config files I've downloaded start with IDs much higher than that around 2002066457 which tend to be manager's ID I think - is there a way to manipulate the config files easily to create a new range? 

- Would be interested If anyone has found these people in the new patch 

so I found how to do this and thought I'd update here incase anyone else comes across it.

After the new patch all the Regen face now have "r-" in front of the unique ID so al I needed to do was go into the config and change the lines (like attached) ... the numbers didn't change, the format did.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 15.51.35.png

• 5 months later...
On 07/12/2023 at 15:52, seagull84 said:

so I found how to do this and thought I'd update here incase anyone else comes across it.

After the new patch all the Regen face now have "r-" in front of the unique ID so al I needed to do was go into the config and change the lines (like attached) ... the numbers didn't change, the format did.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 15.51.35.png

any chance of sharing the config file?