Davy 4-3-3 | A realistic plug&play tactic

The main aim for my tactic:

• Normal tactic, normal popular formation
  • Have the comfort and fun of a plug&play tactic, but don't feel like you are cheating
  • No "get stuck in" (to avoid storm of yellow cards)
  • Not full intensity, the red intensity bar is far from full, making the tactic available to use every game
  • You know your squad will get the results at least as good as they are, with probably some overperforming.
  • Because of it's realistic nature, there's a high chance it will work in previous and future versions of FM
  • Good goal against record (I hate tactics that let you win 6-3 every game, I much more prefer a 2-0)

This tactic will not win you every match or every cup with record numbers, it's meant as a plug&play tactic that works with almost any team and that helps you to get your predicted finish without any effort and probably overachieve to.

Instructions

• No opposition instructions used
  • I left the mentality to "Positive", but you can surely "game manage" that and change to Cautious/Defensive to protect a lead or to Attacking when you need a goal

Tactic

image.png.dee300ca1d50cf2aa9a8fee1d52e270d.png

Testing

I've tested with 4 teams at the same time in four different leagues, no attribute freezing, no multiple tries, nothing to influence the results.
I've used my own tool (FM+) to decide the best lineup

as you can see from screens below, the tactic is test for teams with a whole range of "team scores" (72-91)

image.png.1a9a17f0ec7d68ba97864497f7576b93.png

Premier league: 2nd, Nunez 2nd in goal scoring, Alisson third in clean sheets
FA cup: semi final
Carabao cup: won
Europe: Won europa league

image.png.4edc627ca370fd961d4d037561cd90e3.png

Competition: Won, Lewandowski highest goal scorer, ter Stegen second in clean sheets
Spanish cup: won
Europe: Quarter final CL

image.png.e12fdc9401807a4c1143d8fa40d2298c.png

Competition: Won. Goalkeeper third in clean sheets
Belgian cup: Won
Europe: Quarter final conf league

image.png.cd1a5eb2fb030ab5ae0dea04dfbaa4c7.png 
Competition: Won, Giroud top goal scorer, Maignan first in clean sheets
Italian cup: Won
Europe: Quarter final CL

Download

Davy 4-3-3 Modern.fmf

FM+
If you are interested in my FM+ tool , you can find it via google "FM+ football manager", or on the FM community site that starts with FM and ends with scout.com ;) 
It's a tool I've personally created to get my joy in FM back, I see it as the biggest gamechanger for FM players with limited time, who want an assistant they can trust, but who also don't want to cheat with real CA/PA number.
FM+ keeps using the ingame scouting & uses star ratings relative to your team to keep the immersion, but the biggest difference with ingame is that you can trust the ratings and nothing is contradictory.
The tool is also really helpful when you start a new career or switch teams, no need to spend hours getting familiar with the team, with FM+ you can learn your team and players in minutes.

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

• 2 weeks later...

didn't use your tactic but used Your tool, i was using team suggested by FM+ and with one transfer we overachieved extremely! don't have that much time to think about squad building this days(still missFMT) so highly recommend FM+. I bought premium version and one thing missing is Wide center backs! and i using tactic with this role. Hope this will be released for FM24 too.

Thanks  

20231003162020_1.jpg

20231003162045_1.jpg

Yes mate! Been waiting for this.

Had so much success in FM21 with your last one

Going to give it a go later. I found that the previous version, you always overachieved by a few positions - not overpowering but that's the whole point of a realistic tactic.

Relies on buying better players for the tactic to improve :)

• 4 weeks later...