What Happened With This Save? Tactics To Blame Or Something Else Entirely?

This was my FM23 long-term save, due to this run of form and a loss in the final of the Copa Libertadores I had to walk away from it.
I'd go back if I could work out what the issue is....any suggestions are welcomed!

1 hour ago, Lasson said:

To me it seems like an awfully static midfield. Maybe that’s an issue?

Would certainly say so!

A CM(D) in a 4-4-2 Diamond with a DM isn't needed, Hold Position with a very cautious mindset you need a role offering a bit more, a BBM, CM(S) even a Mezzala :thup: Then a DLP in CM too, another hold position role, loosen the shackles a wee bit :D

I think you could do a bit more with the Wingbacks too, they're your only wide players so I'd get them covering as much ground as possible and think about bumping them up to Attack, they have plenty of cover in the centre. I like to use Hit Early Crosses with them so they're not trying to cross from as high up the pitch all the time 

Two AF's is a bit one dimensional too, I'm all for the Attack duties but mix up the roles a little so they can both offer a bit more for the team. An AF and PF or AF and CF or CF and P etc  

9 hours ago, GC28 said:
This was my FM23 long-term save, due to this run of form and a loss in the final of the Copa Libertadores I had to walk away from it.
I'd go back if I could work out what the issue is....any suggestions are welcomed!

Looks like a formation for a half back. Agree w/all the things said about the midfield.

Low tempo + a low block can lead to a lack of pressure put back on the opposition as well. 

Edited by Cloud9