[Suggestion/Discussion] - Offside rule

grade

So among the different suggestions Arsene Wenger has done in the past years, there is one that has caught my eye, that could make football game even more interesting:

You will not be offside if any part of the body that can score a goal is in line with the last defender, even if other parts of the attacker's body are in front.

With recent VAR and invalidating goals, because a player's fingernail is offside, sounds to me ridiculous. I support this change rule.

Since this isn't exactly fully supported by all people, I leave it here for discussion. But my proposal is for SI providing an option between the Classic offside and purposal offside or Wenger's offside, so that those the want to use, can use it.

Also, I think it would be a good opportunity, for people to test if this is a better rule or not.

Grade

On 01/07/2023 at 16:31, seabas3 said:

SI will only make the change if IFAB implement it.

If FIFA and IFAB tests it in certain tournaments, SI will implement it in those specific tournaments.

It was more of the idea, of also making FM as a tool if there is significant difference between the two off-side rules.

• 1 month later...