[FM23] g2 Skin 2023

TCSSkin

9 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

g2 Skin FM2023

1904540_20230620182245_1.thumb.png.6d68bd4a4f2cf6d9e3e0e0b29001cc8f.png1904540_20230620182253_1.thumb.png.bb4dae9d402d20f56d20852d6c16d464.png1904540_20230620182259_1.thumb.png.65e08f7f921023be48deddaca16e0400.png1904540_20230620182303_1.thumb.png.587be78aa5bb241cfd7ef7c608c38727.png1904540_20230620182239_1.thumb.png.d0a722331885b772012f247ab8b51345.png

Wanted to do more with this project, but simply ran out of time, and motivation.

A faithful remake of the brilliant g2 skin from FM16, features a new player, club overview, human, staff and inbox panel, faithful to the original skin. Also features a few small modifcation files to have a more modern UI,

All credits to the original creator, Gizel for his excellent work.

Skin was built for 1920x1080, anything below will likely have issues

g2 Skin 2023.7z 4.17 MB · 1 download

Looks nice and simple.

I don't have the option to choose the background and even if I change the default on the folder, it doesn't show. Any solution to solve this? I had tried other skins that gave me the same problem so idk if its something on my end 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 19.10.22.png

22 minutes ago, Brunosaur said:

I don't have the option to choose the background and even if I change the default on the folder, it doesn't show. Any solution to solve this? I had tried other skins that gave me the same problem so idk if its something on my end 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 19.10.22.png

I don't see a background selector, but you can replace pictures by looking in the graphics/backgrounds folder and replace the default picture, clear the cache and reload the skin

9 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I don't see a background selector, but you can replace pictures by looking in the graphics/backgrounds folder and replace the default picture, clear the cache and reload the skin

I might have not explain correctly but that's the first thing I did when I didn't saw the background selector and still doesn't work

8 minutes ago, Brunosaur said:

I might have not explain correctly but that's the first thing I did when I didn't saw the background selector and still doesn't work

Works fine when i do it

Udklip.thumb.PNG.8c3b089bafc6b486af50164eae7a88d4.PNG

untick use cached files" in preferences, clear cache and reload skin

remember to place the new default in the 

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins\g2 Skin 2023\graphics\backgrounds

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Works fine when i do it

Udklip.thumb.PNG.8c3b089bafc6b486af50164eae7a88d4.PNG

I changed skins and went back to this one and now I have the solid grey background active although the I have the default the same as the one when you first download the skin.

Nvm, just had a team meeting and went back to the board room background 

Edited by Brunosaur

1 minute ago, Brunosaur said:

I changed skins and went back to this one and now I have the solid grey background active although the I have the default the same as the one when you first download the skin 

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins\g2 Skin 2023\graphics\backgrounds

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Unfortunately didn't worked and is still the same 

2 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Thats very odd as it worked fine for me as you saw... no clue then sorry

Like I mentioned one my first post, it have happened with other skins where the background stayed like that, makes me think its something to do on my end. Thank you anyway! 

Thank you @bluestillidie00 It looks excellent.

Has anyone else got a trojan alert when downloading? I'm pretty sure it's not a threat, but still just checking if it was just me. 

EDIT: Sorry, just seen it's false positive. Thanks guys.

Edited by d3niz

I imagine the trojan warnings are coming from the fact it's a 7z file, websites can't scan them and Windows can be kinda jumpy with compressed files  

Theres absolutely no risk of malware or trojans, i wouldn't risk my reputation as a skin maker and my relationship with Sports Interactive, and Football Manager to infect a few thousand people who download a skin. 

Here's the virus total analysis:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-analysis/YTc5ODRjMmZhMjYwZGFiZTNhOTFkYWFmMmUzNDllNjQ6MTY4NzM0OTgzNA==

• 2 weeks later...

I really missed these simple and elegant themes. Every theme that comes out today, especially the player profiles screen, has so many things that it becomes annoying for me. Thank you for such a simple and nice theme ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is very nice skin, tidy & clean.. thank u for it

only problem for me some screens are not fine with stadium backgrounds (like squads) https://i.postimg.cc/WzqQMBSd/squad.png

but for screens like staff, club info are so fine https://postimg.cc/bdgcJQ3g

i tried to remove the stadium folder, it works fine 100%

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Kaiser_Tottenham said:

hi @bluestillidie00

can u make team screen a bit darker? :onmehead:

thank u if u can help

best regards

open the client object browser in Football Manager 2023\skins\g2 Skin 2023\panels\client_object

change transparency="0.2" to transparency="0.8" on line 49

Save and reload the skin and this will darken the background @Kaiser_Tottenham

Edited by the_hoyle

On 20/06/2023 at 20:26, Resaconing said:

Total games in classification

Screenshot_3.png

Found the issue - if you open the league stage panel views.xml in skins\g2 Skin 2023\panels\competition, every line with <record id="LOpl" colour="paley"/> has the "LOpl" in all small letters when it should read as LO in capitals. Update all the lines with his in the .xml file and the PL column will appear @Resaconing

Edited by the_hoyle

On 07/09/2023 at 00:16, the_hoyle said:

open the client object browser in Football Manager 2023\skins\g2 Skin 2023\panels\client_object

change transparency="0.2" to transparency="0.8" on line 49

Save and reload the skin and this will darken the background @Kaiser_Tottenham

thank u very much, u are a true legend.

https://i.postimg.cc/kMwtg2qk/Untitled.png

tried around 12 skins, each one had something i don't like, this is clearly the best one, tidy and the club title full color. :thup:

On 07/09/2023 at 00:31, the_hoyle said:

Found the issue - if you open the league stage panel views.xml in skins\g2 Skin 2023\panels\competition, every line with <record id="LOpl" colour="paley"/> has the "LOpl" in all small letters when it should read as LO in capitals. Update all the lines with his in the .xml file and the PL column will appear @Resaconing

this is a bit difficult to understand or fix, i would appreciate if u can help over this one by uploading your one?

On 06/09/2023 at 22:31, the_hoyle said:

Great spot.

Update v1.1 in the OP

• Fixed bug with Matches Played on League Table screens
  • Replaced graphic for team squad panel
  • Fixed bug with boxes showing where they shouldn't on Bundesliga screens

En 9/9/2023 a las 18:09, TCSSkin dijo:

Great spot.

Update v1.1 in the OP

• Fixed bug with Matches Played on League Table screens
  • Replaced graphic for team squad panel
  • Fixed bug with boxes showing where they shouldn't on Bundesliga screens

¡Thanks for the update!

I'm play with window mode with 95% and can't see the all atributes of staff profile. In full screen haven't problems

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Resaconing

52 minutes ago, Resaconing said:

¡Thanks for the update!

I'm play with window mode with 95% and can't see the all atributes of staff profile. In full screen haven't problems

spacer.png

spacer.png

they're two different tabs, by default the game hides stats depending on what tab you have selected scouting/coaching etc

i didn't notice that in my first report, and i was close to report this yesterdays, surprised there is one who loved this skin :D

i tried to close full-screen mode as @Resaconing did, same happened with me, still some attributes aren't showing, specially GK shooting and handling :lol:

honestly, it's the best FM23 skin. 

be aware @TCSSkin is that some backgrounds not dark with the last update, only team squad works fine, but some a bit light, i'm unsure why my file which i attached in 9 sep. works fine as dark screen in all screens. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Kaiser_Tottenham said:

i didn't notice that in my first report, and i was close to report this yesterdays, surprised there is one who loved this skin :D

i tried to close full-screen mode as @Resaconing did, same happened with me, still some attributes aren't showing, specially GK shooting and handling :lol:

honestly, it's the best FM23 skin. 

be aware @TCSSkin is that some backgrounds not dark with the last update, only team squad works fine, but some a bit light, i'm unsure why my file which i attached in 9 sep. works fine as dark screen in all screens. :rolleyes: 

yeah the reason for the light screen is a difficult one. Effectively id have to go through every page and edit it, which was the plan but i burned out with fm stuff so i just released it as is

11 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

yeah the reason for the light screen is a difficult one. Effectively id have to go through every page and edit it, which was the plan but i burned out with fm stuff so i just released it as is

u can replace it with the one which attached for next update. the fact i didn't play much of FM23 or recent versions so i guess i'll take busy months until next FM24 release, i might wait until some updates, sorting all extensions, new leagues and only when i found out decent skin. FM23 skins mostly are below average because of this:

https://postimg.cc/cK0hZt60

the title in most skins is half/half of the club, you can't taste or find out the difference or the colors of your clubs or even when u change, also backgrounds not good. That's why i always enjoy each year with Steklo, and this skin g2 is the best for FM23 after testing a lot of them. Big thanks for it.:thup: