Competition History Issue - Records are not recording.

Shrew82

Hi all.  I don't think i've ever come across this before but in my custom Welsh League database (down to Level 8), new competitions are not generating records during the game (see picture of Aberdare League).

Competitions that are already within the game (see picture of Swansea League) have their records generated automatically.

I've tried to copy a league that generates the records within the advanced rules, and i've also tried to add a history record to a competition that doesn't generate a record, but neither have resulted in a fix for this problem.

It's a very minor detail, granted, but i'd like to come up with a solution to try and avoid this in future versions.

Aberdare.jpg

swansea.jpg

It's an FM bug, not just the editor. Competitions with empty record pages never update. IIRC it affects some default competitions too, not just edited ones.

There's an easy workaround though, add a record. Anything. Just add a 1-0 win in the biggest win or something (include both teams and a date). As long as there's 1 existing record on the records page every single one will update correctly. Plus if you just put in a 1-0 win, it won't be long until that record is broken removing the fake record.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2023 at 11:55, rusty217 said:

It's an FM bug, not just the editor. Competitions with empty record pages never update. IIRC it affects some default competitions too, not just edited ones.

There's an easy workaround though, add a record. Anything. Just add a 1-0 win in the biggest win or something (include both teams and a date). As long as there's 1 existing record on the records page every single one will update correctly. Plus if you just put in a 1-0 win, it won't be long until that record is broken removing the fake record.

That's a brilliant piece of advice, thank you so much.  This trick doesn't seem to work for the youth/reserve leagues but seems to work for 1st team competitions.  It's very frustrating how buggy the game is at the moment.  SI really need to sort it out!

• 5 months later...

@Wolf_pd @rusty217

I have a similar problem to the issue in FM2023 where competitions are not generating records again.  I have used the workaround like last season, and although it works fine with leagues, it doesn't appear to work on cup competitions.  Has anyone else noticed this issue and if they have, how has it been resolved?

12 hours ago, Shrew82 said:

@Wolf_pd @rusty217

I have a similar problem to the issue in FM2023 where competitions are not generating records again.  I have used the workaround like last season, and although it works fine with leagues, it doesn't appear to work on cup competitions.  Has anyone else noticed this issue and if they have, how has it been resolved?

The same old workaround is still working fine for me.

On 25/06/2023 at 15:28, Wolf_pd said:

Youth and reserve competitions are usually generated competitions and not pre-made, so the 1-0 trick can’t be applied well there.

If you create a youth comp in tge database and add it to the reserves as a custom league it will work