Help: "Projected to Fail Champions League FFP" - How to Prevent that?

Second year that my club is about to fail Champions League FFP profit/loss regulations. Besides selling high-salary players and sacking expired staff, what suggestions do you have to prevent failing? Or, is this beyond my hands?... Thanks.

image.png.a38b661eb48c64666764228b7f835a0e.png

5 minutes ago, sdx15 said:

How much money do you need to make? See how much  you can get from incoming buyout clauses.

I need to make up for 21 million dollars in negative payroll. If I sell three aging players (plus 2 million from buyout fees), I'll be able to fix payroll. But my question is, are there other expenses beyond my reach?... Is this a club thing that I can't fix, or is there hope?...

7 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

I need to make up for 21 million dollars in negative payroll. If I sell three aging players (plus 2 million from buyout fees), I'll be able to fix payroll. But my question is, are there other expenses beyond my reach?... Is this a club thing that I can't fix, or is there hope?...

I don't think there's much you can do to permanently lower your budget. Other than selling players and lowering staff numbers, you can only decrease your budgets for youth recruitment and junior coaching.

You can also try selling your youngsters if you're struggling at the moment. If you have good potential players that don't fit into your tactics or you don't think they'll make it, you can get a few million for each of them. Potential is something FM clubs like to pay for. And you can also include profit from future fee clauses. They usually give you more buyout clauses that can get ridiculously high for 16/17 year-olds.

In my experience the game's FFP calculations don't include prize money. It may be that you will pass just fine once you receive your prize money at the end of the season.

Not sure how much prize money there is in Italy though, still if you're in any European competitions they should help out.

I went to Finances FFP page and the situation looks pretty bad. I don't think I can cover the negative difference of $58 million. That would mean selling all my good players, as my total payroll is $102 million. I guess I need to look for a job in better clubs if I want to play at Europa/Champions...

image.thumb.png.faa9c7b7166acef0c4f0d8df679bcb93.png

I think sometimes things can get so bad that the only real option is to sell your best players & rebuild.  In my current save, I moved to Cruzeiro a few seasons down the line and they were massively in debt due to relegation followed by failure to get back up.  We were way over the wage & scouting budgets and there was no movement at all.

I had no option but to identify what I had coming through the youth ranks, what I could get on the cheap who scouts recommended or who had performed for me elsewhere, and get rid of the overpaid players.  I kept a couple who I thought would be able to contribute towards getting me back up, but I had to sell a couple of players in particular who were excellent & young and I would have loved to have kept.  We had a nightmare end of the season with a cobbled together squad, but now I'm halfway through the following season debt free, flying in the league & with young players getting more games & developing well.

End of the day Atalanta are a selling club.  The relative size of the other clubs in their league mean that is unlikely to change any time soon.

7 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I think sometimes things can get so bad that the only real option is to sell your best players & rebuild.  In my current save, I moved to Cruzeiro a few seasons down the line and they were massively in debt due to relegation followed by failure to get back up.  We were way over the wage & scouting budgets and there was no movement at all.

I had no option but to identify what I had coming through the youth ranks, what I could get on the cheap who scouts recommended or who had performed for me elsewhere, and get rid of the overpaid players.  I kept a couple who I thought would be able to contribute towards getting me back up, but I had to sell a couple of players in particular who were excellent & young and I would have loved to have kept.  We had a nightmare end of the season with a cobbled together squad, but now I'm halfway through the following season debt free, flying in the league & with young players getting more games & developing well.

End of the day Atalanta are a selling club.  The relative size of the other clubs in their league mean that is unlikely to change any time soon.

Thanks for your insights and interesting story with Cruzeiro. How is the club doing now in the league after your rebuild?

Yes, likewise, I've have been selling overpaid players. In fact, I'm already $30 million below my payroll max of 110 million.

Let's hope some financial miracle happens at the end of the season, so I can pass FFP regulations...

image.png.ca95d7175baa97975521ea29b667d13d.png

• 2 weeks later...

I left Atalanta but see that it is still playing in the Europa League despite failing FFP regulations.

Why do we see such financial alerts if they aren't applied?  Wouldn't this be a bug?...

Edited by phd_angel