DM double pivots lumbs together

i cant find a way to make my 2 DM's stay wide.

The move in the same space. This has been a problem in FM for some editions by now. 

Anyone who knows how to make them stay wider? - the AI do not seem to have the problem.

My team:

image.png.d4311d9219bf9327384c82b9450721cf.png

image.png.e4f823ac37587fc5dbeb16aac6d45d92.png

AI double DM pivot:

image.png.38bb72d2169ecee3a374c9d949eb4465.png

image.png.64cc04206ba3f0291aa70193311085ed.png

image.png

Using two of the same role and same duty next to each other will see them do the exact same things. Not only that, they'll likely use the same space and be looking to protect the same area, as they're doing the exact same role as the guy next to them. Use a different role for one of them and it'll be more like the AI's and slightly wider. You've also instructed them to hold position. The average position, is showing the players fulfilling what you've instructed them to do which is play the same role, occupy the same space and not stray from their original position much.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who has a fix for this?

Using the volante kinds of fix their position, but the make to many runs forward and leaves us to open.

here i have BWM and a DM, both asked to stay wider, og dont hold der position, however they are standing way to close

image.png.f0f2822c2e2040a950a4b462d0a8cf94.png

image.png.5f8eb2406ecbe3747a7090c91fd1020d.pngimage.png.132d64d07b3a6ab2df3efa53e574dd79.png

Do Sertdemir and Christensen have any traits that might influence their movements?

Also, why are you using Valdemar Lund on the right side? I would use him to the left to give him better pasning angles with his left foot. 

I'm not sure how this happens but its when you use the stay wider instruction on both. To me it makes no sense given the PI but for whatever reason that's what happens when used on the DM positions. CM's work normally, DM's do not.

Perhaps take that instruction off for a few games to test but I'm confident that will help fix your problem!

On 25/05/2023 at 08:49, The unknown said:

Anyone who has a fix for this?

Your team is trying to play in a fluid shape which requires them to play more compact. If you want a more structured positioning you have to assign more attack / defend duties. You could make one of your DM an defend duty and one of your AM an attack duty to remain the overall balance of your team.

Edited by CARRERA

Is there a particular reason you chose this shape? It seems to me that you're tactic would be much more effective if you had two wingbacks and a DM (anchor or halfback instead of 2 BPDs, 2 DMs, and a Libero.