FM 23 Touch is dreadful?

I have been play FM 21 for s few years and just bought FM 23 Touch.

Wow, it is virtually unplayable.

1/ I am constantly getting long term injuries. I often have 7 to 8 players out. Its not a training issue.

2/ 98% of the goals i conceed in a large variety of tactics including Knapp etc are caused by my players giving a very poor or under hit pass. In the build up ill give a poor pass they run on and score. 

3/ i cant seem to get a consistant tactic to work.

Is everyone experiencing this?? 

• Administrators

Injuries are something we closely monitor and over the entirety of FM23, we feel it's at a realistic level, it's not what you want to hear but you may just be having a bit of bad luck.

As for the tactics, I can only suggest you keep plugging and playing, the match engine is constantly tweaked and improved upon and again, it's at a level we feel is realistic. 

17 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Injuries are something we closely monitor and over the entirety of FM23, we feel it's at a realistic level, it's not what you want to hear but you may just be having a bit of bad luck.

As for the tactics, I can only suggest you keep plugging and playing, the match engine is constantly tweaked and improved upon and again, it's at a level we feel is realistic. 

It’s at a level we feel is realistic is not exactly a ringing endorsement 😂 . It’s good of you to communicate.

whilst we have your ear, because Desmond hasn’t replied, have the Touch scouting issues been fixed?

• Administrators

Realism is always our aim, I appreciate it comes vague but I assure you we're happy with it!

Desmond is off on some annual leave currently, but I'll take a look at the thread and respond there. 

On 03/04/2023 at 15:01, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks Kyle.

I created a number of examples but i cant upload them. 

Theres Two issues i am noticing.

1/ injuries. In every load i have done i am in an injury crisis? It seems every week, in every save a player is injured for 4/6 weeks. 

2/ i am still conceeding a lot where i have the ball and my top level player plays a really poor/sloppy pass straight to the AI who then score.

20230405_145247.jpg

8 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Thanks Kyle.

I created a number of examples but i cant upload them. 

Theres Two issues i am noticing.

1/ injuries. In every load i have done i am in an injury crisis? It seems every week, in every save a player is injured for 4/6 weeks. 

2/ i am still conceeding a lot where i have the ball and my top level player plays a really poor/sloppy pass straight to the AI who then score.

20230405_145247.jpg

I sympathise. SI clearly gone down a route to placate lower league fans and stop all teams passing accurately, unfortunately that means world class defenders frequently make idiotic mistakes in this version. It’s silly, inaccurate and not much to do with top level real life football. The current ME has its fans so it’s not easy to win the argument.

we either have to stop playing or come to terms with the silliness. Think I’m going to stop playing tbh

14 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

I sympathise. SI clearly gone down a route to placate lower league fans and stop all teams passing accurately, unfortunately that means world class defenders frequently make idiotic mistakes in this version. It’s silly, inaccurate and not much to do with top level real life football. The current ME has its fans so it’s not easy to win the argument.

we either have to stop playing or come to terms with the silliness. 

Where are you getting this from?

The lowest pass % a starting defender of mine has is 87%. The other 3 have 87%, 88% and 89% That is higher than what you see IRL, but about right if you look at top teams, so I'm not sure why you label it as 'silly'. I've only been at the club for half a season, so it could be a lot higher next season if I am still around. Between the 4 defenders, there are only 2 mistakes leading to goals and it's by the same player.

81f1b22e7c797e630bec35e0f4bd1a7d.png

My players aren't making mistakes constantly at all.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Where are you getting this from?

The lowest pass % a starting defender of mine has is 87%. The other 3 have 87%, 88% and 89% That is higher than what you see IRL, but about right if you look at top teams, so I'm not sure why you label it as 'silly'. I've only been at the club for half a season, so it could be a lot higher next season if I am still around. Between the 4 defenders, there are only 2 mistakes leading to goals and it's by the same player.

81f1b22e7c797e630bec35e0f4bd1a7d.png

My players aren't making mistakes constantly at all.

I don’t think the stats will show it. The original post here referenced the poor passing. I can only give anecdotal evidence. Can’t put recordings cos too large a memory size.

But you could have 99% pass succes rate and still make a dozy pass as a defender (or other silly mistake). I’m certainly not alone in posting this feedback and it comes up routinely on the main forum.

out of curiosity. Which platform do you play on?

15 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

I don’t think the stats will show it.

But the matches would and as I said - my players aren't making those mistakes very often at all. I do see some passes being intercepted etc, but it's not a fatal blow to my team because I don't take overly aggressive risks with how I play.

Which platform do you play on?

PC

56 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

But the matches would and as I said - my players aren't making those mistakes very often at all. I do see some passes being intercepted etc, but it's not a fatal blow to my team because I don't take overly aggressive risks with how I play.

PC

I play Touch and console. I wonder if Touch is graphically more limited than PC and therefore represents a less subtle version of the match. So we see different things happening on a phone versus a PC 🤔 

Just now, SimonHoddle said:

I play Touch and console. I wonder if Touch is graphically more limited than PC and therefore represents a less subtle version of the match. So we see different things happening on a phone versus a PC 🤔 

We're not. It's the same ME. I also see some underhit passes. Most of the times it still gets to the player, but it is intercepted on occasion. Which highlights mode you choose to watch on will very obviously make a big difference, so keep that in mind. It'll also depend on the tactical setup, the players and their attributes.

On 04/04/2023 at 13:19, Kyle Brown said:

Realism is always our aim, I appreciate it comes vague but I assure you we're happy with it!

Desmond is off on some annual leave currently, but I'll take a look at the thread and respond there. 

Same day! Constant long injuries... 

20230406_174631.jpg

20230406_174639.jpg

@Triggerusa39, this discussion has stalled. Please provide information on what you're doing. What does your tactic look like and how much do you rotate? You need to take care of players. Injuries are well below IRL levels, so there must be something going on here. The more info you can provide, the better and we can get closer to a solution.

15 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

@Triggerusa39, this discussion has stalled. Please provide information on what you're doing. What does your tactic look like and how much do you rotate? You need to take care of players. Injuries are well below IRL levels, so there must be something going on here. The more info you can provide, the better and we can get closer to a solution.

So, the assistant manager does the training.

I play a preset 433

I dont have a big squad at West ham but i rotate when a player is less than a full green heart. 

I play reserves in Conference league.

If i am 2:0 up or winning 70 mins onward i play my defensive tactic. (However, the injuires and poor passing have been in every tactic)

20230407_094605.jpg

20230407_094620.jpg

20230407_094631.jpg

20230407_094639.jpg

Okay, that doesn't actually look to bad. When you mentioned some of tactics you use (used?), it sounded more like you were running your players into the ground with very intense tactics.

It shows you have 4 out, which isn't that unreasonable. You might have to be careful with your players though as it shows you have 15 players at high risk because of the match load and intensity of your tactic. If I get to a place in the schedule where I have a lot of matches in a short space of time, I'll rest the players from training who will play a lot.

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Okay, that doesn't actually look to bad. When you mentioned some of tactics you use (used?), it sounded more like you were running your players into the ground with very intense tactics.

It shows you have 4 out, which isn't that unreasonable. You might have to be careful with your players though as it shows you have 15 players at high risk because of the match load and intensity of your tactic. If I get to a place in the schedule where I have a lot of matches in a short space of time, I'll rest the players from training who will play a lot.

This is an example... i am 3:0 at half time. So i drop to a more stable tactic.

1/ the passing is annoying. I had videos, but my RCB had a free kick. My LCBand LB was open. He passed it straight to the attacker.

Ill see how my injuries progress.

20230407_101359.jpg

11 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Thanks. I can see an option on Touch to rest players?? I have looked in older versions aswell. How do you do it?

1 minute ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Thanks. I can see an option on Touch to rest players?? I have looked in older versions aswell. How do you do it?

Tbh, I don't play Touch myself, so not 100% sure. I would either check in the Training tab (firstly pressing L thing on your left to bring up navigation) or by going to an individual player's development (and then Training, I assume) tab to rest them.

• 4 weeks later...

You can't rest players on Touch - you can adjust the intensity of the training and that's it.

Injuries are a joke on this year's version - they have been excessive since launch but, as with many things on Touch, there has been no inclination shown to fix them.

On nearly every save I have tried (so with different tactics/approaches etc) large parts of the season are spent with around 4-5 first team players constantly out of contention, on a rotating basis. In addition, you can almost guarantee that every season you will get at least one player out for months with the ambiguously described 'hip injury' (on my current save I have two out at the moment because of this) and at least one other with a "lower back stress fracture"

I'm not sure the levels of injuries, or the recurrence of specific injuries like that are realistic at all.

3 hours ago, GJHowell said:

You can't rest players on Touch - you can adjust the intensity of the training and that's it.

This is incorrect. You absolutely can rest players on Touch and I’d actively encourage you to do this after every game.

I’m on iPad so this is how/where on an iPad - I’d imagine similar location on console too:

Long press (press and hold) on a player’s name on the squad select screen > press squad > press training > press rest > select length of time

Image is FMT21 but same on all versions including 23:

IMG_0196.png

On 02/05/2023 at 15:04, BuryBlade said:

This is incorrect. You absolutely can rest players on Touch and I’d actively encourage you to do this after every game.

I’m on iPad so this is how/where on an iPad - I’d imagine similar location on console too:

Long press (press and hold) on a player’s name on the squad select screen > press squad > press training > press rest > select length of time

Image is FMT21 but same on all versions including 23:

IMG_0196.png

You can also tap on each tick by each player on the left hand side to select multiple players before long press to get the same actions above.