Question: Can't Make Budget Adjustment (Slider is Off)

I need to increase my transfer budget from 14 to 18 million, but the slider is greyed out. As you can see, I have a huge excess available in my payroll.

Why can't I just slide to increase my transfer budget? What should I do?  Any tips are appreciated. 

image.png.457d2c82ea49cbb09611a5fa9206e924.png

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I was missing out on much needed signings and the slider was still stuck after a couple of weeks, so I decided to load a backup save.

Key lesson is: don't touch the slider unless it's absolutely necessary.

Do you have any transfer negotiations? Often not possible when negotiating a transfer.

16 hours ago, Caletti said:

Do you have any transfer negotiations? Often not possible when negotiating a transfer.

Bingo! Thanks for the note. (However, I can typically move the slider while negotiating a salary, but not always, as you say).

Edited by phd_angel

• 9 months later...
On 23/02/2023 at 17:20, Caletti said:

This is very interesting! First time I'm seeing this. I was definitely certain that I adjusted the sldier to have enough transfer funds for a player, only to find out at the last second that I don't have enough funds and I can't adjust the slider.

Thankfully the player (Restes) is very interested to make the move; so no issues for me to cancel the transfer, adjust the budget and rebid again.