The 2022 FMS Awards Ceremony - **Live From The Trophy Room at Tottenham Hotspur FC**.........

neilhoskins77

Good Afternoon FMS'ers,

After last years underwhelming turnout for the Awards, it was suggested that we should go bigger and better with the venue for this years annual event......

image.jpeg.457158b1482277382888cde4efa2ac54.jpeg

......'Were you recently burgled?' I asked when shown the room that I have hired for tonight's high brow event. 'Yes, that is correct, police are currently searching for a man with a very large rolled up Tottenham Hotspur carpet......'

Annnnyyyyywaaayyyyy. It's said that if you come here at certain times of the day you can spot Harry Kane wandering around, asking himself why and watching You Tube video's abut how to  place spells on Leicester City.......

.....but if you were to return here tonight at around 8pm, you'll find the Great and the Good of FMS, along with several other shady looking folk all waiting expectantly to see who is to be honoured for their story writing efforts in 2022. Drinks are free, there's a kebab shop around the corner, and the WiFi is excellent!

See you there......

Best, Awards venue. Ever. :D

Thank you for having me again, Neil. I'll be sure to help myself to a few non-alcoholic beverages while I'm waiting for the ceremony.

Just one question: how reliable is the Wi-Fi? On a scale from Very Reliable to Hugo Lloris?

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Best, Awards venue. Ever. :D

Thank you for having me again, Neil. I'll be sure to help myself to a few non-alcoholic beverages while I'm waiting for the ceremony.

Just one question: how reliable is the Wi-Fi? On a scale from Very Reliable to Hugo Lloris?

I felt fairly sure you'd approve Chris ha. A stalwart of FMS, who first appeared on these boards around the same time frame as myself with your epic 'Welcome To Romford' story. Delighted to have you along to join us.

WiFi I'm reliably informed is not quite Nick Pope, but is certainly capable of beating Jordan Pickford from 45 yards out 

9 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

I felt fairly sure you'd approve Chris ha. A stalwart of FMS, who first appeared on these boards around the same time frame as myself with your epic 'Welcome To Romford' story. Delighted to have you along to join us.

WiFi I'm reliably informed is not quite Nick Pope, but is certainly capable of beating Jordan Pickford from 45 yards out 

My grandma could beat Jordan Pickford from 45 yards out. 

Good job I didn't go too over board with preparations at my house. (Sure those 10kg of cheetos will come in!)

9 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

It's coming up to nine years since I started posting WTR (and nearly 10 since I started writing it), but I'll admit it still sounds strange to be called an FMS stalwart. At least neither of us have taken 10-3's place as FMS' resident curmudgeon. Yet. :p

41 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

My grandma could beat Jordan Pickford from 45 yards out. 

Good job I didn't go too over board with preparations at my house. (Sure those 10kg of cheetos will come in!)

Keep hold of them, we can throw them at Lloris and Kane if they arrive......

38 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It's coming up to nine years since I started posting WTR (and nearly 10 since I started writing it), but I'll admit it still sounds strange to be called an FMS stalwart. At least neither of us have taken 10-3's place as FMS' resident curmudgeon. Yet. :p

Good idea for a new Award that.....

Good evening, and welcome everyone to tonight's Awards Ceremony. As you can see, things are a little different this year. Our usual Master of Ceremonies has gone with the option of being a guest this year, and is currently filling his boots at the Free Bar. 

I'd just like to start proceedings tonight by mentioning my moderator colleague and FMS Legend, Mr Mark Wilson. I always knew he did a fabulous job around here, but organising the annual Awards Event has opened my eyes greatly to the amount of work goes into sorting this out for you guys. It's stressful to be fair, and he does it each year with no fuss and makes it look all very easy.

I hope to do the event justice tonight, but I will apologise in advance if I'm a little slower and make the odd mistake.....

Let's get cracking shall we folks? Here is the running order for tonight's ceremony.....

1)  Short Story of the Year
2)  Newcomer of the Year
3)  Best International Management Story of the Year
4)  Funniest Writer of the Year
5)  Rest of the World Story of the Year
6)  Best Story Character of the Year
7)  Rest of the UK Story of the Year
8)  English Story of the Year
9)  Hall of Fame
10) The Terk/Raptor/ Wilson Builder’s Award
11) Story of the Year
12) Writer of the Year

We start with the 'Short Story of the Year' category.

With only two entrants for this award, and both by the same writer, the winner is of course no secret. The good news for EvilDave is that he didn't have to choose between his own stories as he was of course unable to vote in this section.....

......and the winning piece of work is..............

....by a landslide, it's 'Captain America Crushed Our Dreams' by EvilDave!

Congratulations ED on another award to add to your long list of achievements in this corner of the Boards.

Not sure why you'd fill your boots at a free bar, unless they aren't supplying glasses.

*throws cheeto's at EvilDave in a very congratulatory fashion*

As indicated, I have 10kgs of these bad boys. So be prepared to go home looking like Donald Trump 

Now for the category where we crown the writer seen as the latest 'young pup' to impress FMS writers and readers alike. It's the 'Newcomer of the Year' award. A fairly small field this year, so we may need to consider requesting a Youth Facilities Upgrade from the Board, but this became a two pup race......

think that's two successful vote for winners by yours truly. 

Now that should be an award! Person who voted for the most award winners! 

Might mean I actually win something.

Anyway, *Dumps a full bag of cheetos over Cider Drinker*

Glad we get the award that makes me feel old out of the way early

Without further pause for delay, and we move onto an award that is always hotly contested, and features many of the Boards most popular stories over recent years. It's the award for the 'Best International Management Story of the Year'.

As always the competition for this one is fierce, and the winner was chosen by a single vote.......

Just now, Mandy42 said:

think that's two successful vote for winners by yours truly. 

Now that should be an award! Person who voted for the most award winners! 

Might mean I actually win something.

Anyway, *Dumps a full bag of cheetos over Cider Drinker*

Glad we get the award that makes me feel old out of the way early

We are actually looking for more award categories to be added. And I was not looking forward to cleaning up the Cheetos every year, so this idea works for me.....

......and that winner is Mark Wilson27, for his excellent '15-1, Who's Up For An African Safari' story!

Another fantastic effort that always creates huge interest, especially amongst those included in the tale, and many congratulations Mr Wilson on another award for your collection, and it's back to back awards for this story too after it won this award last year.

Just now, neilhoskins77 said:

......and that winner is Mark Wilson27, for his excellent '15-1, Who's Up For An African Safari' story!

Another fantastic effort that always creates huge interest, especially amongst those included in the tale, and many congratulations Mr Wilson on another award for your collection, and it's back to back awards for this story too after it won this award last year.

HAT TRICK! 

I know I voted for that masterpiece!

Congratulations Mark.

*CHEETOS IN YOUR FACE*

Now get the bar tender to fill your boots big toe with tequila 

4 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

We are actually looking for more award categories to be added. And I was not looking forward to cleaning up the Cheetos every year, so this idea works for me.....

That follows the flawed assumption that I won't be dumping cheetos on myself as / when I win an award

(helps when you quote the right post!)

3 out of 3 Mandy42.

How do you like your chances of a clean sweep this evening then?

clean sweep sounds suspiciously like your trying to bind me in some sort of contractual obligation to tidy the venue when we are finished 

Just now, Mandy42 said:

clean sweep sounds suspiciously like your trying to bind me in some sort of contractual obligation to tidy the venue when we are finished 

He actually means you need to give Sooty's friend a bath after the ceremony.

Next up on our tightly packed schedule is the 'Funniest Writer of the Year' gong. A bit of humour in a story can certainly help gain it a cult following, and we are fortunate enough to have several writers amongst our community who excel in this art. I have never won this award myself personally, so I cannot claim to be one of them......thanks for your votes t*ssers.....

Ironically, if we'd had this conversation before the Awards, I might have voted for one of you two......:lol:

was just thinking that the awards ceremony thread should count towards this award! 

....but I do know a man who has won it. And this year, once again going back to back, it's the Forum's funniest moderator and Funniest Writer of the Year once more, Mark Wilson27!

Thanks for keeping us entertained as well as in order Mr Wilson, and congratulations on taking home this award once again.

2 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

....but I do know a man who has won it. And this year, once again going back to back, it's the Forum's funniest moderator and Funniest Writer of the Year once more, Mark Wilson27!

Thanks for keeping us entertained as well as in order Mr Wilson, and congratulations on taking home this award once again.

Couldn't be anyone else for this award, frankly. Bravo again, Mark. :applause:

Our fifth award to be handed out this evening is for the bragging rights when it comes to the best 'Rest of the World Story'.

Stories from far flung corners of the footballing universe can often introduce us to the names of players and people that can go down in FMS folk history, and have us rooting for teams we may never have even heard of before from our favourite armchair........ with a pipe and slippers......just me maybe.......

1 minute ago, neilhoskins77 said:

Our fifth award to be handed out this evening is for the bragging rights when it comes to the best 'Rest of the World Story'.

Stories from far flung corners of the footballing universe can often introduce us to the names of players and people that can go down in FMS folk history, and have us rooting for teams we may never have even heard of before from our favourite armchair........ with a pipe and slippers......just me maybe.......

Whippet and a flat cap personally

....it's another close vote, but once again we have a winner retaining their award from last year, as 'The Ultimate World Football Manager Save' is chosen once again, and its author Jon1982 continues to pick up awards for his story about his efforts to turn the fortunes of Cambodia's Electricity Company football team into C-League heavyweights. Many congratulations Jon!

....this year the award was won by a single vote, as we only had one character voted for that could win due to the rule that no one character can win this award on multiple occasions.....

and with that in mind, the winner is 'Cambodian Pele', one of the stars of the 'Ultimate World Football Manager Save', as Jon1982 picks up a second award of the evening. Congratulations once more Jon!

Folks, we're now at the halfway point of this evenings proceedings. In classy events we would probably stop for a 'mid- session interval' or something equally fancy.

We won't be doing that here. I'm going to level with you, the coats over your head on the way in wasn't actually anything to do with paparazzi, or keeping your real identity secret.

I haven't actually paid to hire this venue at all, in fact we're technically trespassing. But as there's nothing to steal with someone beating us to the carpet, and very little to damage either, we might as well finish this event off, it's Spurs after all, everybody leaves early, let's be trend setters and stay till the end no matter how bad it is......

3 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

....this year the award was won by a single vote, as we only had one character voted for that could win due to the rule that no one character can win this award on multiple occasions.....

and with that in mind, the winner is 'Cambodian Pele', one of the stars of the 'Ultimate World Football Manager Save', as Jon1982 picks up a second award of the evening. Congratulations once more Jon!

I prefer the Burmese Ray Parlour, personally, but each to their own. Congrats, Jon. :applause: