"FM is damaged and can't be opened" error message on mac

Ever since I updated my mac to the latest version if I try and open FM21 it comes up with this message saying the game is damaged as it was downloaded on an unknown date. Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? I've tried verifying the integrity of the files but that isn't working. If I uninstall then reinstall again would that work? I don't want to lose my save on it though so I'm guessing I'd have to upload that somewhere before uninstalling. 

image.png.6348299ee547a18ead127e12a0dd201f.png

image.png

Edited by BoxToBoxFM

• Administrators

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't interfere with your save game. All game files like that can only be removed manually. 

Would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling with the issue you have. If after doing so you still have the same issue, worth contacting support directly - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

• 4 months later...

Not sure whether you sorted this but for other Mac users: Check your privacy tab in System Settings. This may be a Ventura-update issue, but I found that FM was being identified as having an unrecognised developer and thus the OS was blocking it. Approving this fixed this issue of it being 'damaged'.

On 01/05/2023 at 18:42, rickogorman said:

Not sure whether you sorted this but for other Mac users: Check your privacy tab in System Settings. This may be a Ventura-update issue, but I found that FM was being identified as having an unrecognised developer and thus the OS was blocking it. Approving this fixed this issue of it being 'damaged'.

Nah I never managed to get it fixed, when I re downloaded it it would always get to what was fully downloaded but said download pauses rather than let me open it,  then when I clicked resume download it just repeated the process again. 

• 4 months later...

As the response on May 1, I just had this issue on FM20. Going into Settings > Security > Allow applications downloaded from the App Store. There was a specific box saying FM20 could not be played because its developer cannot be identified. I selected open anyway and it worked. 

• 5 months later...
On 17/09/2023 at 02:12, cravenjoe1 said:

As the response on May 1, I just had this issue on FM20. Going into Settings > Security > Allow applications downloaded from the App Store. There was a specific box saying FM20 could not be played because its developer cannot be identified. I selected open anyway and it worked. 

FM20 on Sonoma has the same issue. I cannot thank you enough, this has resolved my issue.