Confused and loosing interest in FM

Good day community. I just got fm23 after getting a new laptop. I was really looking forward to playing it but after playing it am beginning to get uninterested in playing it. I once complained about the fact why Tight Marking TI was removed from the game as it enables me to press effectively cos I love to press and had perfected it but I just Can't seem to press without tight marking TI despite using tight marking PI. One other thing that got me off was that if they removed tight marking TI then why leave other TI like trigger press, passing, get stuck in etc when we have them all on PI but SI removes only Tight marking TI and leaves only the PI. It just doesn't make sense. This game is getting unplayable and uninteresting. Please if anyone can help how I can go about playing an effective pressing game cos I still feel we need the tight marking TI back.

2 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

First thing first,

Pressing hard≠tighter marking.

Second,

That option is still in the game as a PI. Why? Cause it created confusion and was honestly so bad when used as a team instruction.

I would go even more into that. Pressing is the opposite of marking. Marking is staying with a player or Zone, pressing is moving onto a player or zone.

You need both in defense, you need players staying reasonable close to opponent players *and* you need players closing down opponent players and passing lanes.

Making changes to a game you know, does not make a game bad.

Not sorting out all the little things in ux makes the game bad.

It's def not the tactics.

10 minuti fa, _mxrky ha scritto:

Still makes 0 sense why you can’t have pressing a specific player as a pi

You can select a specific pressing on the opposition instruction. You can't in the personal cause, your player will press only in specific regions of the field and doesn't make any sense to ask him to press into another.

It's quite obvious that, if in the OI, you're asking to press hard a specific player, only the players in that work range will press him

4 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

You can select a specific pressing on the opposition instruction. You can't in the personal cause, your player will press only in specific regions of the field and doesn't make any sense to ask him to press into another.

It's quite obvious that, if in the OI, you're asking to press hard a specific player, only the players in that work range will press him

It’s terrible though. My striker starts pressing the full back and my wingers press the cbs instead of the full backs because of the pressing triggers. It’s terribly implemented. 

Unplayable ? i'm losing interest because of the opposite. Simply loaded a tactic from FM22  i used and without doing anything else (no training or set pieces) i'm top of league 1 at Christmas having a better GD than 2nd by 20 odd goals.

To be honest i think too many folk are searching endlessly for a Holy Grail tactic and constantly tweaking what they have , Throw in tactic creators who just want to be the "go to" for every game released and there's just a self created myth of needing something special to win.