Game setup/detail level

How does everyone prefer to set up their games?

Do you normally just settle for the default detail level, or do you make all leagues in your nation set to full? Or a hybrid of a few top flights in each country?

My current set up is a 20 nation with 36 leagues running... I usually just stick to default but really don't want to miss out on players and want to gain some wider immersion running the full ME rather than the QME. (Managing in League 1, so set EPL, CH, L2, CON, CON N and CON S to full detail. However, I feel like this may be detrimental to other nations and their development?

Edited by Domoboy23

I've yet to setup my main save for FM23 but when I do I will likely run all leagues from around 10 nations and the top flights from the remaining European leagues.  For detail level I tend to just use full detail for the leagues immediately above and below me and i'll also switch it on for any leagues that I loan players to.

my ideal setup is to have the nation I'm playing in set to full detail then the top division of the top 20 nations to full detail then European and international competition to full detail.

If I'm starting from a much lower division in the country I'll normally wait until I get to the top division to set that so the game can go a bit faster during the first few seasons