(FM23) 32 TEAMS WORLD CUP

As you all may know, it’s only less than 2 weeks until The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ is officially over, and unfortunately, this will be the last ever world cup with 32 teams. 

In 2026, FIFA will introduce a new format for the next world cup in Canada, the USA, and Mexico. Instead of the old 32-team format, The World Cup will be expanded to 48 teams and divided into 16 groups of 3. For those of you who hate this new idea of FIFA, attached here is a perfect file for your international save in FM23

New file:

THE WORLD CUP WITH 32 TEAMS.fmf

The World Cup will stick to the old-fashioned 32-team format in this file. Qualifying slots will still look like this:

UEFA: 13 teams
AFC: 4 teams + 1
CAF: 5 teams
CONMEBOL: 4 teams + 1
CONCACAF: 3 teams + 1
OFC: 0 teams +1 from playoffs

However, the Qualifying process will be different and simplified for some continents. This is explained in this document: 

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING PROCESS.docx

Nations Leagues:

UEFA Nations League will still be available. However, it will not affect the World Cup or the Euros qualifying process.

AFC Nations League for Asia and CAF Nations League for Africa will take place every four years due to the schedule being collided by the world cup qualifiers with a similar format to the UEFA Nations League. (It won’t have any effects on the World Cup or Main Continental International Competitions.)

For more details:

INTRODUCTION TO NATIONS LEAGUES.docx

168470263_2022-12-06(1).thumb.png.6570fc4e3d8926abc84895611f0a7860.png

453675224_2022-12-06(8).thumb.png.a3e96fd05a34e19d660a550a20033c05.png

2084459171_2022-12-06(7).thumb.png.6c9224118b2561b7d05431497a9fc7a5.png

32 TEAMS WORLD CUP.fmf

Edited by verazmuhammadmasri

Man

This is awesome!

A couple questions tho, can I edit your file for my save in order to make my own changes? Like program hosts¿ nations for specific years, change the stadium rotations, etc.

Is Russia unbanned from qualifying? In case you didn't edit it like that on purpose, have you tried to unban them so that they participate as well?

Edit: I checked your qualifiers, I don't like the groups of 4 at UEFA, I might look into it and try to revert it to groups of 5 and add a second round to make it more interesting. Also, do the host nations play qualifiers as well? If that's so, you know how could I remove it?

Edited by SOH972

6 hours ago, SOH972 said:

Man

This is awesome!

A couple questions tho, can I edit your file for my save in order to make my own changes? Like program hosts¿ nations for specific years, change the stadium rotations, etc.

Is Russia unbanned from qualifying? In case you didn't edit it like that on purpose, have you tried to unban them so that they participate as well?

Edit: I checked your qualifiers, I don't like the groups of 4 at UEFA, I might look into it and try to revert it to groups of 5 and add a second round to make it more interesting. Also, do the host nations play qualifiers as well? If that's so, you know how could I remove it?

In real life, Russia is banned in all international competitions by UEFA including the qualifying tournament. To answer your second question, I've seen reports about how players want changes to football schedules because as of now due to the addition of Nations League, it's hella overload for them so that's why I made it into 13 groups of 4. However, if you want to edit the whole European qualifiers, then feel free to edit it whatever you like man

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/11/11/toni-kroos-uefa-fifa-criticism-scheduling-competitions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/10/gareth-bale-calls-for-more-player-protection-in-face-of-crazy-schedule

10 hours ago, verazmuhammadmasri said:

In real life, Russia is banned in all international competitions by UEFA including the qualifying tournament. To answer your second question, I've seen reports about how players want changes to football schedules because as of now due to the addition of Nations League, it's hella overload for them so that's why I made it into 13 groups of 4. However, if you want to edit the whole European qualifiers, then feel free to edit it whatever you like man

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/11/11/toni-kroos-uefa-fifa-criticism-scheduling-competitions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/10/gareth-bale-calls-for-more-player-protection-in-face-of-crazy-schedule

Ok, but I mean as if you even tried unbanning Russia or if you left it like that on purpose. Because as far as I know, Russia is completely banned form all the international competitions, and the only way to include it is to remake the whole competition.

Also, have you set it so that the host nations play qualifiers as well? If they do, got any idea on how could I remove that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2023 at 09:30, verazmuhammadmasri said:

Note that there are some changes to this file.

Problems fixed:

- In all of the 24-team tournaments (Asian Cup, EURO, and AFCON), some teams are keep facing the same opponent in the round of 16

- AFC Nations League history record

- Schedules for EAFF and SAFF tournament

Here is a new file:

THE WORLD CUP WITH 32 TEAMS.fmf 165.6 kB · 2 downloads

Brilliant, can I ask what was the solution for "avoid team from previous group"? 

Also what happens with the WC hosts? Were you able to keep the tri-hosts in 2026? And then the game's auto-selection (Spain, Korea etc) takes over, or did you have to redo the host selection process?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for sharing this. This is probably my favourite upload in this forum. Could you also make a version of 16-team tournaments (mostly European Championship and Asian Cup for me) please? I was thinking perhaps 10 groups of 5 teams in Europe, with 10 winners qualify, and 10 runners-up face each other in a playoff, so that 15 teams qualify with the host. (I'm still using the 23.00 database)

Edited by profsnape28

On 28/03/2023 at 15:15, profsnape28 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. This is probably my favourite upload in this forum. Could you also make a version of 16-team tournaments (mostly European Championship and Asian Cup for me) please? I was thinking perhaps 10 groups of 5 teams in Europe, with 10 winners qualify, and 10 runners-up face each other in a playoff, so that 15 teams qualify with the host. (I'm still using the 23.00 database)

There's a file that includes 16-team euros and asian cup in that forum