Reserve Team Issue

Do some clubs still have the reserve team issue? The last few years some clubs have not had one, and once getting they are unable to join a reserve club league.  IE St. Albans.  

Curious if that is still an issue before I start a game with The Saints.

Edited by jase19

I just posted in the "How do I...." thread something similar. I'm unsure what's going on with reserve teams.

A bit of checking shows FM now has Crawley and Hearts as having reserve teams, which is right since both formed them. No matches for Hearts, which isn't right.

And then in Belgium clubs that used to have U21s now have no junior teams but U18.

Wondering if that is something that will be updated or just searching wrong.

2 hours ago, DMVian said:

I just posted in the "How do I...." thread something similar. I'm unsure what's going on with reserve teams.

A bit of checking shows FM now has Crawley and Hearts as having reserve teams, which is right since both formed them. No matches for Hearts, which isn't right.

And then in Belgium clubs that used to have U21s now have no junior teams but U18.

Wondering if that is something that will be updated or just searching wrong.

Yeah, same issue that's been for a while.  Just going to pick a random N/S club until I snag one with an existing reserve team.  Hope they fix this someday.  Only been a few years...

yeh i raised a bug report on this during and since beta, but got no response after multiple attempts.

my calendar even sets a date to say 'B team joins reserve league' but nothing comes of it

my reserve team isnt in a league and its amazing. i drop all my under 18s there since i dont want them playing games. and max out their training and double intensity. it really works. they gain nothing from matches.

i can then schedule friendlies for my under 18s to and make any of my squad members play their to gain conditioning. i keep my main squad say under 30 players. once the youth players hit 19 it is time to loan them out to a good league training facilities dont really matter. only the competition of the league. 

so reserve teams add to the immersion but they are totally not needed. under 18s gain attributes all from training. 19-21 it is all competition based. and over 21 it is luck and prayer and you only need training to keep fit or match day bonuses. most of the training really has to do with the players hidden attributes. all the best stuff in the world wont make them develop if their hidden attributes are crap, or more likely make it nearly impossible.

this is why almost no content creators or people who post training schedules get it right. you want schedules for your main squad that give match bonuses and completely minimize injury risk. even the SI default schedules are crap they completely kill your 1st squad. that is why all injuries come from training.

i only get injuries in training now for like 1-3 days. all my  real injuries only happen in match day now. most of my youth develop cause they play no games just train insane. then loan out to my league or leagues near me in competition scale. reserve games are honestly useless in terms of player development. immersion and role playing yes reserves are good but in terms of just game play it is better to have reserves/youth teams that arent in a league. 

10 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

i drop all my under 18s there since i dont want them playing games. and max out their training and double intensity. it really works. they gain nothing from matches.

How did you put players to your B team? I bought several great kids, from 16 to 19 that are not yet A team capacity and want them to be in B team to gain experience. But cannot find the option to demote players from A to B team. 

3 hours ago, Icek said:

How did you put players to your B team? I bought several great kids, from 16 to 19 that are not yet A team capacity and want them to be in B team to gain experience. But cannot find the option to demote players from A to B team. 

Right-click on player and I think it's in Squad options.