Every DM in the game should also be able to play CM

I find it odd that there are players in FM that can only play DM. I don't think there is a single player in reality that can only play that position and not also CM.

I fully understand there are players that play much better as a DM than a CM (Casemiro, Fabinho and Makelele etc) but every one is able to play as a  CM as well.

I also appreciate most DMs in the game can be trained to play CM, but I just don't agree that there should be players who are DM only.

Every DM should also be a CM. I am happy with them being weaker as a CM as this is realistic, but I can't think of one defensive midfielder in real life who also cant fill in at CM 

Wouldn't get too hung up on that, if you play a DM who doesn't have a CM listed in his list of positions, as long as his attributes fit the role, he'll be fine. You'll also find the little dot will appear within a few weeks of him playing that role. It just messes with your in-game OCD when it looks like a player is totally unsuitable for the role. 

I agree though, and its the same for players in the ML/AML and MR/AMR positions. Could be represented better. 

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Wouldn't get too hung up on that, if you play a DM who doesn't have a CM listed in his list of positions, as long as his attributes fit the role, he'll be fine. You'll also find the little dot will appear within a few weeks of him playing that role. It just messes with your in-game OCD when it looks like a player is totally unsuitable for the role. 

I agree though, and its the same for players in the ML/AML and MR/AMR positions. Could be represented better. 

But surely by ignoring them, that's kind proving that they are broken.

I agree about ML and AML etc. Alot of these positions are so interchangable that it makes no sense to have a player who can play ML but not AML. the positional ratings are in place so that they can play better at one than the other and that's great, but there's no reason if they can do one they can't do the other to a competent base level.

It just feels like by forcing a player in the position and getting his positional rating up, it's work that's needless if implemented from the start.

Edited by trevjim

No, every DM should not be able to automatically play CM.

For example what about David Luiz who played as  DM sometimes, he was at least accomplished there.

But no way in hell he was able to play even further than the DM position, he was not a CM.

Edited by FM1000

1 minute ago, FM1000 said:

No, every DM should not be able to automatically play CM.

For example what about David Luiz who played as  DM sometimes, he was at least accomplished there.

But no way in hell he was able to play even further than the DM position, he was not a CM.

David Luiz is a CB who can play a DM.

That's not an example I was alluding to.  I am saying there are players in the game who are DM only. 

Not DC/DMC like Luiz or DMC/CMC like Fabinho which are realistic.

Name me one player in real life who is DM only?

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

I find it odd that there are players in FM that can only play DM. I don't think there is a single player in reality that can only play that position and not also CM.

I fully understand there are players that play much better as a DM than a CM (Casemiro, Fabinho and Makelele etc) but every one is able to play as a  CM as well.

I also appreciate most DMs in the game can be trained to play CM, but I just don't agree that there should be players who are DM only.

Every DM should also be a CM. I am happy with them being weaker as a CM as this is realistic, but I can't think of one defensive midfielder in real life who also cant fill in at CM 

The Big Lebowski Thats Like Your Opinion Man GIF - The Big Lebowski Thats Like Your Opinion Man GIFs