Couple of issues with DoF

Am I right in thinking there is no way to insist that the DoF only offers a set amount of playing time when renewing squad players' contracts?

Also, when asking him to renew youth players contracts, can I tell him not to promise them loans?

If I can't fulfill the promises he makes to my players then giving him the reponsibility is a big problem.

Well, I always make sure that I have final approval set on all contracts, and although I've never used it, I think you can go in and change the offered contract before it's final. Otherwise, it would be nice to have a feature where you can tick off preferred playing time and terms offered or not offered before turning it over to the DoF. Sometimes it seems like the DoF WANTS to blow up the entire club salary structure. 

16 hours ago, podunkboy said:

Well, I always make sure that I have final approval set on all contracts, and although I've never used it, I think you can go in and change the offered contract before it's final. Otherwise, it would be nice to have a feature where you can tick off preferred playing time and terms offered or not offered before turning it over to the DoF. Sometimes it seems like the DoF WANTS to blow up the entire club salary structure. 

Yeah you can't change the playing time, and even if you could more often than not players don't like contracts being changed after they have been agreed

8 hours ago, Platinum said:

Yeah you can't change the playing time, and even if you could more often than not players don't like contracts being changed after they have been agreed

And that's why the press is always asking other coaches about how dense you must be for working with a DoF. The only position even more worthless is a Loan Manager, who even if you list a player for loan and set them for development, the LM never can find them a loan opportunity. They eat a huge amount of salary budget with absolutely no results.