[FM22] [WIP] 2022-23 European League & Data Update Megapack by Rainbowz (Incomplete Alpha Released)

Welcome to my first major update database, aiming to completely re-create upcoming 2022-23 season across world football! There's a lot of work to do, but I want to get this thread created to give an idea of what's coming. The major changes will be:

• All playable leagues updated to 2022-23 formats including correct teams and new league formats.
  • All transfers updated to the current day
  • All updated managerial movements
  • All club finances, reputation and situations updated
  • Player CA/PA tweaked based on real-world performance
  • New teams created where applicable
  • Hundreds of other miscellaneous updates and tweaks to provide updates and realism.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

47c2cc93808612bc3dcf841a7ed19c55.png

Updated leagues with real-world promotion/relegation

fc232884147a7914381dc7dbdf09bfe1.png2a4c6946db3bfd012ad26f47e2a28772.png

Updated league formats with correct teams (i.e: 24 team National Leagues)

8e9f61142838a716b4983d1c59d8c8c2.png

775d81c12d8d2175b44f80c40c789923.png

39e9a687496347efe993fd11997fd1a8.png

Updated player transfers across European football

b393d390f293aba00c494c4fbea6e85f.png

4f140f9b20177e7542904ef4f64108f2.png

New/phoenix clubs created where applicable

ALPHA AVAILABLE HERE

NOTE: Russia and Turkey are unplayable in this file due to data validation issues. I'm working to try and fix it in time for a BETA release.

Transfers are also not fully up to date yet due to my time being focused on fixing other issues. Please use Pr0's update or another transfer update to get the best experience.

I'm working on this database in my spare time. I'm just one person so I can't promise extreme accuracy and perfection. If you spot any issues or inaccuracies with the database once it's released, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP. I'm aware this is a highly ambitious project, but I'm confident I'll have something worth releasing very soon. Until then, I ask for patience while I get the broad strokes of this database sorted for the beta before working on the finer details for a full release

Edited by Rainbowz

CURRENT PROGRESS

• Promotion/Relegation across European leagues - 98% DONE
  • Transfers across European leagues - ONGOING
  • Club finances/info - 70% DONE
  • Player CA/PA tweaks - ONGOING
  • Managerial updates across European leagues - ONGOING
  • Overall Database progress - 70%

LEAGUES DONE:

ALL EUROPEAN LEAGUE BAR PORTUGAL (It's awkward, okay?)

Edited by Rainbowz

All default nations without new formats are done now - currently working through ones who's formats have changed. It requires some tinkering with XML files, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

Ran into issue #1, because apparently I can't do any database without breaking things.

I edited the file for Belgium to give them 12 teams in the Proximus League and 16 teams in the National 1, but it's being overwritten by the main file, even though I've moved the teams correctly in both. I think the main file's hard-coded Belgium rules are overwriting my edited ones, and erroring saying there are an incorrect number of teams. Gonna try a few things and I'm confident I can fix it, but if anyone has a quick fix to save me the bother of testing, please let me know. 

On 12/07/2022 at 13:01, Rainbowz said:

Ran into issue #1, because apparently I can't do any database without breaking things.

I edited the file for Belgium to give them 12 teams in the Proximus League and 16 teams in the National 1, but it's being overwritten by the main file, even though I've moved the teams correctly in both. I think the main file's hard-coded Belgium rules are overwriting my edited ones, and erroring saying there are an incorrect number of teams. Gonna try a few things and I'm confident I can fix it, but if anyone has a quick fix to save me the bother of testing, please let me know. 

I fixed the issue! Currently getting all leagues with new formats working and testing them to make sure they work for long-term play. After that it's just a case of transfers and manager movements and we should be all good for Beta 1.0!

On 20/07/2022 at 19:41, willz71172 said:

hows it all going? what u doing about portgual league

It's going fine, transfers are the biggest issue atm because there are so many happening. The Portuguese league is a tricky one, so I'm leaving that until last.

On 24/07/2022 at 10:10, willz71172 said:

All playable leagues updated to 2022-23 formats including correct teams and new league formats can i get this now wanna start new game

Mate, I messaged you three times already. The database will be ready when it's ready, it's not finished so I can't release it yet. Please stop spamming me with messages about it.

Going to focus on getting the leagues all working, then just release that DB as an alpha. Not all transfers are done (nowhere near, in fact), but I'll release that as an alpha and people can use Pro's wonderful transfer updates to fill the void.

On 24/07/2022 at 11:10, willz71172 said:

All playable leagues updated to 2022-23 formats including correct teams and new league formats can i get this now wanna start new game

Please be patient.

This will be finished when it is finished.
PM-ing other users to get them to work quicker will not help the creator work any faster.

Leagues are nearly all sorted, of course it's Russia that's giving me the most issues. Tempted to just leave them unplayable and call it a political stance, rather than admitting it's going to be a pain to fix.

On 24/07/2022 at 10:10, willz71172 said:

Inhale copium mate. Cope already and listen to Wolf and Rainbowz.

1 hour ago, willz71172 said:

hows it coming alone?

Russia and Turkey are giving me some trouble. The cups are tied to the league formats, so with the different team numbers in the leagues it's refusing to validate. Tried a few things to no avail. Going to keep trying a few things and see how it goes. 

Need to do more transfers/manager movements, but I'll just do the major transfers/moments and release an Alpha soon.

19 hours ago, willz71172 said:

how is it going? nearly released

Been incredibly busy with work and a lot of stress in real life, so progress is slow. Still can't work out these issues with the cups. And no offense, but constant "is it done yet?" messages don't help.

Russia might have to be left alone for this file. I don't know if it's because of the changes SI made due to real-world stuff, but the cup's logic just doesn't seem to work. I've set everything up so it should work, yet it keeps telling me I have the wrong number of teams for certain stages. I correct it, and it throws up a completely contradictory error. The only solution would be to completely re-build the cup and I really don't have the Advanced Rules knowledge to do that.

I'm having a look to see if I can fix the Turkish cup tonight, but I really don't know. It may be I have to release the Alpha version without those two nations.

Russia and Turkey remain unfixed, the former seemingly being impossible, the latter making me tear my hair out with frustration.

I'll release an Alpha tomorrow with all other countries working so something is out there. Gonna work like hell to get this Turkey issue fixed.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM22] [WIP] 2022-23 European League & Data Update Megapack by Rainbowz (Incomplete Alpha Released)

Released the files I've got currently. Not overly happy with it, but it's something.

If anyone can help with the Russia and Turkey issues, please drop me a message. They're both beyond my knowledge to fix I fear.

Edited by Rainbowz

Can you send me the Russia and Turkey files via PM? Can take a look this weekend. Have an idea what might be causing it, but need to check the error messages to check and confirm.