How can I edit the quality of newgens in FM22?

MatchWinner

I've been very disappointed with the standard of newly generated players in my FM22 saves.  There is a massive & unrealistic drop in quality between real world players aged 17-20 and those that are created by the game after 3 or 4 seasons.  I'd really like to edit my game data to dramatically improve these new players so that there is a much greater probability of generating high quality young players that you get in real life.

So basically I'm looking for help in achieving this through the editor.  Specifically:

1. Can you still increase the attributes and CA / PA of older players that will retire soon and ensure a good chance they will come back as a wonderkid?
  2.  Will increasing each countries "youth rating" as well as "game importance" in the editor ensure a better overall quality of new player - or does this simply assign how they are distributed among the countries with no improvement in actual ability?
  3. Is there any other editing I can do to boost newly generated players?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Cheers! :)

55 minutes ago, MatchWinner said:

I've been very disappointed with the standard of newly generated players in my FM22 saves.  There is a massive & unrealistic drop in quality between real world players aged 17-20 and those that are created by the game after 3 or 4 seasons.  I'd really like to edit my game data to dramatically improve these new players so that there is a much greater probability of generating high quality young players that you get in real life.

So basically I'm looking for help in achieving this through the editor.  Specifically:

1. Can you still increase the attributes and CA / PA of older players that will retire soon and ensure a good chance they will come back as a wonderkid?
  2.  Will increasing each countries "youth rating" as well as "game importance" in the editor ensure a better overall quality of new player - or does this simply assign how they are distributed among the countries with no improvement in actual ability?
  3. Is there any other editing I can do to boost newly generated players?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Cheers! :)

Tho I dont have an answer to your question, I totally agree with the opening paragraph. There is something fundamentally wrong with so called wonderkids. Like most of the wonderkids in my game (year 2028/2029) are so bad, its unreal they are called wonderkids. In previous version a wonderkid WAS a wonderkid with great stats. In this years fm, the quality of wonderkids dropped so much its almost unreal. I dont know if it is the whole game bug, devs lowered the quality of wonderkids or is something 3rd problem. Ofc you still get maybe 1 wonderkid with super stats like before, but 99% of them are just not wonderkid quality, doesnt matter what media calls them.

Edit: word mistakes.

Edited by blejdek

It depends on what you mean by low quality. If it is the attribute distribution of the players then this is under the hood and not something we can change.

If it is the CA/PA of young players, then yes it is much harder in this years FM for players to reach their PA as youth development has been nerfed significantly. The AI also are much less able to develop players as they tend to over rely on older players since the decline of attributes in older players has also been slowed down significantly. You can also try Davidincid's realism mod which balances this out somewhat.

17 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

It depends on what you mean by low quality. If it is the attribute distribution of the players then this is under the hood and not something we can change.

If it is the CA/PA of young players, then yes it is much harder in this years FM for players to reach their PA as youth development has been nerfed significantly. The AI also are much less able to develop players as they tend to over rely on older players since the decline of attributes in older players has also been slowed down significantly. You can also try Davidincid's realism mod which balances this out somewhat.

I'd settle for just boosting the average CA / PA of players coming through as they're just terrible.  I just don't understand the design choice behind making newly generated players so poor, when in real life there are hundreds of talented kids good enough to play regular top level football.

Edited by MatchWinner

1. No. They're newgens, not regens. They aren't created from old players, they're generated as new individuals.

2. Yes, that would work. Game importance has a much bigger impact by the way. Youth rating is also dynamic so could change during a game lowering/increasing the quality of newgens in specific countries as the game goes. Game importance is permanent though.

3. You could boost the facility levels and youth settings of a bunch of clubs to help things out. Additionally if you have an in-game editor you could give a bump to the PA and personality stats of a handful of newly created newgens each year.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

1. No. They're newgens, not regens. They aren't created from old players, they're generated as new individuals.

2. Yes, that would work. Game importance has a much bigger impact by the way. Youth rating is also dynamic so could change during a game lowering/increasing the quality of newgens in specific countries as the game goes. Game importance is permanent though.

3. You could boost the facility levels and youth settings of a bunch of clubs to help things out. Additionally if you have an in-game editor you could give a bump to the PA and personality stats of a handful of newly created newgens each year.

Thank, some interesting points there.  I also hope they look at improving this situation in next year's game - SI really seem to neglect this when it is actually a crucial part of the game for many people.