Training strength broken?

There's a limit to how much Jumping Reach can be increased, so a player that's training a role that inherently trains jumping reach will generally not benefit from additional strength training.

Definitely feels a bit wonky on newgens in FM22 though, with players having jumping reaches way below or above what their height would suggest.

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Definitely feels a bit wonky on newgens in FM22 though, with players having jumping reaches way below or above what their height would suggest.

Do you have any examples?

52 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Do you have any examples?

Using this table Santy posted

Spoiler

ab07e2a9e2bbecc03eeae4722e7818a9.png

I don't have any examples that are too far off in my own teams (Still a couple that are 2 points below/above what the table above suggests though). But looking at the player search there's some pretty bad cases:

image.png.05f6728d30a15b157655f81e9ad05adb.png

179cm and at least 15 JR, which is at least 4 points higher than what's suggested for a good jumper at that height.

image.png.452737f3305adf2d833cdf54b6c125ec.png

189cm, at most 5 JR.

image.png.0d4a53a034046b62ddb822ea16daeca7.png

195cm and at most 5 JR? Surely he should be above 5 JR even without jumping at all! :lol:

Edited by Freakiie

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Using this table Santy posted

Reveal hidden contents

ab07e2a9e2bbecc03eeae4722e7818a9.png

I don't have any examples that are too far off in my own teams (Still a couple that are 2 points below/above what the table above suggests though). But looking at the player search there's some pretty bad cases:

image.png.05f6728d30a15b157655f81e9ad05adb.png

179cm and at least 15 JR, which is at least 4 points higher than what's suggested for a good jumper at that height.

image.png.452737f3305adf2d833cdf54b6c125ec.png

189cm, at most 5 JR.

image.png.0d4a53a034046b62ddb822ea16daeca7.png

195cm and at most 5 JR? Surely he should be above 5 JR even without jumping at all! :lol:

When I asked for examples, I expected them to be off, but not this much! That just seems buggy. I'm going to start paying more attention to these in my save. It's a bit late for FM22 bug reports, but it's the type of thing FM23 (and us) would benefit from if it's reported.

Just to ask a stupid question - these are 'proper' newgens and not grey filler players, correct?

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

When I asked for examples, I expected them to be off, but not this much! That just seems buggy. I'm going to start paying more attention to these in my save. It's a bit late for FM22 bug reports, but it's the type of thing FM23 (and us) would benefit from if it's reported.

Just to ask a stupid question - these are 'proper' newgens and not grey filler players, correct?

Pretty sure grey players wouldn't show up in the player search. These are all proper newgens though, here's for example the 195cm striker in the Cachào youth intake:

image.png.75cca5a3121c95d1d02cac29c7b367d9.png

Just to get back to the OP, I see in some players that JR can't be improved more (which is linked to a player's height) but that doesn't mean that Strength can continue to improve, depending on other factors.

32 minutes ago, soft tofu said:

What about non newgen? Don't have example at the moment but I have called defenders 1.8m above and some of them don't reach 5 JR.

That might be a data issue or a bug.

Researchers are given guidelines on what to assign Jumping Reach for a player's height.

If it's been left to be random and it's created as unrealistically low, it's something for SI to review. It might be that it had to assign a low number because of CA/PA restrictions, but either way, it would be for SI to investigate.

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If it's been left to be random and it's created as unrealistically low, it's something for SI to review. It might be that it had to assign a low number because of CA/PA restrictions, but either way, it would be for SI to investigate.

That's what I suspected. The players are from Southeast Asian region and their attribute are randomized.

But I'm on FM21 so not sure if this is still occuring in 22.

Thanks.