Advanced continental rules error

HibbeSinclair

Hi there,

I have been developing an editor file that revamps UEFA's European club competitions file for a while now, and recently an error has started to pop up every time I test the file that is extremely frustrating. For some reason, despite me not touching Africa's rules whatsoever - I've only edited Europe - it will not allow me to verify the files as 'the numbers of teams (54) in the African Cup of Nations Qualifying competition doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (53)'

I cannot edit Africa's rules on the same file, as Editor doesn't allow you to add international rules once you have started with continental ones. I have tried to delete the competition and re-add it, which did at least let me verify my file, but that only prevented any competitive international football from being played on my save. I have even tried to completely start from scratch, but the same issue keeps coming up. It seems to be a relatively new bug, considering I have been working on this file for about a month and it has never happened prior to the past few days.

The error occurs around the January 2021 mark when I go to test the file, and there seems to be no way round it, even as an experienced user of advanced rules editing. If anyone could help on this I would massively appreciate it. I have read on old threads that there was once a way to bypass verification by exporting my file to an XML version, if anyone remembers if this still works for FM22 I'd love to know.

Attached is the (currently unverified) file I am talking about, I'd be so grateful for any help on this

All the best

UEFA revamp finalised.fmf

Edited by HibbeSinclair

On 26/02/2022 at 14:29, HibbeSinclair said:

Hi there,

I have been developing an editor file that revamps UEFA's European club competitions file for a while now, and recently an error has started to pop up every time I test the file that is extremely frustrating. For some reason, despite me not touching Africa's rules whatsoever - I've only edited Europe - it will not allow me to verify the files as 'the numbers of teams (54) in the African Cup of Nations Qualifying competition doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (53)'

I cannot edit Africa's rules on the same file, as Editor doesn't allow you to add international rules once you have started with continental ones. I have tried to delete the competition and re-add it, which did at least let me verify my file, but that only prevented any competitive international football from being played on my save. I have even tried to completely start from scratch, but the same issue keeps coming up. It seems to be a relatively new bug, considering I have been working on this file for about a month and it has never happened prior to the past few days.

The error occurs around the January 2021 mark when I go to test the file, and there seems to be no way round it, even as an experienced user of advanced rules editing. If anyone could help on this I would massively appreciate it. I have read on old threads that there was once a way to bypass verification by exporting my file to an XML version, if anyone remembers if this still works for FM22 I'd love to know.

Attached is the (currently unverified) file I am talking about, I'd be so grateful for any help on this

All the best

UEFA revamp finalised.fmf 18.77 kB · 0 downloads

I had the same error but it turns out it was related to the new database. I get stuck with another error in your file: 

image.png.4ba4c4d65986e52c7c53144c8cfca537.png

The editor thinks these competitions start in different years. It looks like there's something wrong with the European Champions Cup although not obvious to me what it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Just another quick query. For some reason, despite managing a club like FC København, my board seem to expect me to win the Europa League in my very first season in charge. Clearly this is unrealistic, I'm pretty sure in the normal game their expectation would be Group Stage or First Knockout Round at best. Is it to do with ranking level info or something? Don't want to get the sack for failing to win a trophy I should never realistically be expecting to win

• 1 month later...
On 11/03/2022 at 15:26, HibbeSinclair said:

Hello again,

Just another quick query. For some reason, despite managing a club like FC København, my board seem to expect me to win the Europa League in my very first season in charge. Clearly this is unrealistic, I'm pretty sure in the normal game their expectation would be Group Stage or First Knockout Round at best. Is it to do with ranking level info or something? Don't want to get the sack for failing to win a trophy I should never realistically be expecting to win

Yes you should check your ranking levels and how they're set.