Why don't my players support me?

I haven't had this problem before so would appreciate any help. 

The team is playing great and has surged up the table since I took over.  Almost all players have superb to perfect morale and are very happy to delighted.  Almost all are happy with playing time.  Started with very poor support, built it up to average after a lot of wins, but now it's declined again - despite continuing great results - and the board is not happy.  The players continue to respond well to my pep talks and individual praise or criticisms. 

I have a number of players like the 3 guys below, who are close to me, have me as favored personnel but think my lack of support is justified or doesn't extend far enough.  And the top 2 are my captain and vice-captain; all 3 are team leaders, core social group.  What gives?  Is this a bug?:

image.thumb.png.606130f4fe547a9ec19418f78c713b69.png

image.thumb.png.2f0492bd190c35055bd15cbc4aac66bb.png

image.thumb.png.ae58d07edf46e97a2c73eeea209a2f40.png

I counted my relationship with the top levels of the hierarchy:

3 Team Leaders:

• All 3 are Close to me, have me as favored personnel

10 Highly Influential Players:

• 1 Very Close; favored personnel
  • 2 Close; favored personnel
  • 3 Acquaintance, appreciate my position as head coach
  • 4 no opinion

3 Influential:

• all 3 Acquaintance

And almost all of them think my lack of support is justified or doesn't go far enough.  ?

13 hours ago, kentonizking said:

And you haven't broken any promises to anyone? 

nope

9 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

It's first year with that club? If yes, need time and if you bring new players in winter gonna take some time to blend. It depends what experience level you have choose as manager as well (Sunday League Experience etc).

It is, and I expect that, but my support increased, then decreased again, despite the fact that we've gelled and are playing great and I individually have support from most of the players, including the influential players.  I wouldn't be surprised if I had mediocre support from each player, therefore the team.  What I don't understand is how the individuals support me but also think that my lack of support is justified - contradiction

On 19/02/2022 at 21:28, glengarry224 said:

What I don't understand is how the individuals support me but also think that my lack of support is justified - contradiction

"Well he's doing great so far and we seem to be on the same wavelength, but he's only been with us for less than a year and we don't really know him that well yet."