433 - help needed

I don't think there's a whole lot wrong with this tactic per se, so much as I think your issues likely stem from bad player fits.

You're trying to run a high-pressing tactic, but your players almost all have Work Rate < 15 and outside of Ndongala and Bellingham uniformly have quite low Aggression. Your players aren't really interested in doing what your tactic asks of them. Beyond that I think "Play Out of Defence" is a dodgy proposition when you're a top Bundesliga side and one of your CBs has a Composure and First Touch of 10. He's going to get flustered and give the ball away or hoof it long if he gets pressed.

I think the players you have a much better suited to a fairly direct style of play and a mid block - and I would try to get rid of that Comes Deep to Get Ball PPM on Moukoko yesterday. He just doesn't have the Teamwork and Vision for DLFs to bring the best out out in him.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

Hi mate!
Great team you have here!
Like said before, I don't think your team is suited to play possession football.
Moukoko is an outstanding striker, basically he should be your main goal threat. I played him as a DLF on attack, to recreate a Drogba-ish player and it worked wonderfully. But you can also make him more direct with playing him as an AF.
Chukwueze as an IF(A) could do the job, but IMHO he is more an agent of chaos with his pace and his driblling. He is also good at centre so, he is more suited to be a winger/inverted winger I think.
I think you're waisting a bit of Reyna's influence by playing him on the wing. A midfield trio Bennacer - Bellingham - Reyna should be awesome!
But very nice team, you're close to play beautiful football I think!

thank you for all the help, im not really sure how to make a succesful mid block tactic so I came up with this

image.png.5a0c96ed65cdbcc095fe42ad77ccb356.png

its very hard for me because all of my full backs get forward whenever possible and I want to build the tactic around giving Bellingham the freedom to get into the box to score goals, which is also why I want to use reyna out wide.

il y a 20 minutes, Jaydenoren a dit :

its very hard for me because all of my full backs get forward whenever possible and I want to build the tactic around giving Bellingham the freedom to get into the box to score goals, which is also why I want to use reyna out wide.

Regarding your wingbacks, you can set one on a simple FB(S). He will give support but won't get too far upfront and help maintain a certain balance.
If you want Bellingham to be a goal threat, you can set your midfield - attack like this :

DM = Bennacer - DLP(D)
LCM = Fischer - B2B
RCM =
Bellingham - CM(A) with Roam From Position, Move Into Channels, Dribble More, Take More Risks, Shoot More Often

LW - Reyna - IW(S/A)
RW - Chukwueze - W(S)
STC - Moukoko - DLF(A) with Roam From Position (will help to create space for Bellingham)

With that same set-up, I won CL with Marseille. Moukoko was my DLF(A) and best scorer. Zaniolo was my CM(A) and finished the season with 20 goals/20 assists et won the Ballon d'Or!

Enjoy !

2 hours ago, Jaydenoren said:

image.png.1a6c509a5a861aeb2d49d0523da02ed8.png

image.png.27cfc6aa16772c048ce6dfce22585147.png

Well firstly your high press simply isn't working and your players are burning their energy for no reason so I think you can drop that down another one.

you have 1 quick striker and 2 very quick strikers not sure short passing is particularly going to utilise that strength very much especially with no player who naturally looks to play lots of killer balls.

I would also question if Reyna is quite right to be a AML? Dictating tempo, running through the middle, dwelling on the ball not really traits I want in an AML. I'd consider getting a new one and putting him in the midfield

5 hours ago, Jaydenoren said:

thank you for all the help, im not really sure how to make a succesful mid block tactic so I came up with this

image.png.5a0c96ed65cdbcc095fe42ad77ccb356.png

That could be your counter tactic with balanced mentality but as Dortmund you should use attacking tactic in 50% of your games. The above won't get you nowhere at least it wouldn't on fm21. You have elite squad over there you need to have proper attacking tactic four to five attack duties no defend duties. As a matter of fact every team should have such tactic. 

Another thing with 433 and short passing at least one fullback should be on attack duty if it's not counter attacking tactics.