In-Match Instructions vs Shouts

In matches, I have a set of options for shouts (encourage, berate, etc.), and a set of options for instructions (possession, transition, etc.)

Now, IRL, how can you change tactical instructions if not through shouts?...

This distinction in FM doesn't make much sense from how things really work during a match, does it?...

Just noticed this after nearly 20 years...

:D

Shouts considered as tactical change which affect morale. That’s why they applied before or after a highlight and not during. It’s better to press a shout before or after highlight and not during, because the opposition can score and have already triggered “Praise”. Not an ideal shout. 

8 hours ago, phd_angel said:

In matches, I have a set of options for shouts (encourage, berate, etc.), and a set of options for instructions (possession, transition, etc.)

Now, IRL, how can you change tactical instructions if not through shouts?...

I know what you're trying to say, but it's to keep 'shouts' (that affect body language/mental state) separate from tactical 'shouts'. It's obvious that the information will still need to be conveyed verbally, but it also makes sense doing it like this because tactical tweaks can be more and more complicated than a sideline shout.