Remove Dynamic Youth Rating

fc.cadoni

Hi,

Please remove Dynamic Youth Rating, until you will have the mechanism that:

- Game Importance
- Economic Factor
- FA Financial Power
- State of Development

can become fluid and change year after year. Plus, to sort out licenses which is fixed for certain leagues (or all leagues) in TV money, sponsorship, deals etc and become fluid - dynamic as well. Otherwise, under current development of DYR makes no sense at all.

Thank you!
fc.cadoni

I think it can play a part right now to offset "power-creep" in countries where facilities rise and rise. This probably could be one of the more helpful aspects that prevents the English domination a lot of players experience. While its not massive if you keep having English clubs pumping money into facilities etc you'd think the youth rating skewing down a few points could help a bit.

The other areas over time should become fluid but things like State of Development, it can't just be an ever upwards trend you'd assume for game balance purposes. It also can't be too malleable - but I think there's a real risk that some countries who if they were to get downranked would possibly even go down censorship routes. There are some very fickle nations out there and someone pointing out that Country X has become classed as a developing nation on Football Manager creates possible issues that a few years ago seemed stupid, but it has already happened previously with the game being banned from sale in some places because of the way things were written/named in game.

Game Importance, in a country like India I can't see football ever becoming the dominant sport. Yet in other countries it has recently, or could in the future. In some cases its very cut and dry, there are existing well established sporting pathways in a country that football can never compete with yet in others a world cup or such could turn that on its head. That would mean it would need fluidity but it would also need some kind of variable resistance to change. It would also be guesswork for a lot of countries as to just how resistant they could be to gaining/losing importance. 

I don't think it would be wise to have them all come on as dynamic systems in one edition of FM because it risks being absolute carnage then. 

I would further: Review the actual variables you use for youth development. If it's clear you can't make a stable function with the variables you have chosen, then it is also clear that the variables you have chosen are not the right ones and/or are weighted incorrectly.

At present having variables like these that are static, and that you cannot write a clear description of what the number actually means (if the number encorporates more than one factor in it, then its a bad variable) is a clear hindrance for you being able to tell if it is working properly, or even explain how/if it is working to players.

I made some suggestions about things that should be considered as factors in that other DYR thread thats not in this section. I think other people made suggestions in there too. I think my suggestion failed to include an observation about the fact that the overall quality of players is somewhat influenced by quality of competition, players in developed nations are less likely to stick on low paying football contracts if their economy is such that they can make comparable or better money in a more secure profession, and players under 16 will more likely come through academies close to their home town (particularly in developed nations) as their family is very unlikely to relocate for the sake of another academy.

18 hours ago, CosmicCreepers said:

I made some suggestions about things that should be considered as factors in that other DYR thread thats not in this section. I think other people made suggestions in there too.

Well if you've left the bulk of your ideas in other threads, then they're not going to be reviewed as part of any feature request - particularly within a thread that's about removing dynamic youth ratings.

Oh that's interesting because in that other thread it was said by another SI employee the thread was being "Monitored and reviewed" and that "the ideas were being taken down for discussion". But if you're going to be petulant about it and require I go out my way to copy a post that already exists and can be easily found for the sake of improving your own game then, well i guess your game isn't gonna be improved and i guess that's £40 i can spend on something else. :)

What ever they do with DYR do not be swayed by opinions based on what people think is believable. As soon as you start your FM save what you know about football reality should be forgotten as you are now creating your own reality. Isn’t that the whole point of immersion? So when people think I don’t want my fm being full of Belarusian wonderkids, it is because they still think they are in the real world. As a side note if you don’t want that then don’t be successful in a very weak nations for let’s say 20 years?. 

Edited by Dbuk1

• 9 months later...