Five-Star Players - Do they exist?

I can't recall seeing a five-star player in many years, if ever... The image below is a player whose ratings were edited upwards by a Youtuber to be "on steroids".

How often do you see five-star players? And, how can I get one to my club?!... Thanks.

image.png.43bc811b3bbc7d0532d9ce90ff71e6c4.png

Star ratings are a subjective judgement by the staff members offering the report, and is reflection of how good a player is compared to
a) the quality of players in your squad.
b) the standard of your league. 

If you were managing a non-league side in England and asked for a scout report on a bang-average midtable PL midfielder, they'd be five-star rated player; if you signed him, he'd be so far beyond anything in your squad and so far beyond any players in the league. But to Man City, who have Bernardo Silver, Rodri and De Bruyne, he'd be (at best) around 2-3 stars; a useful squad player but not much more.

I wouldn't use star ratings as anything more than a vague guide to how good a player is, a bit like the lettered 'grade' rating you get with a scout report. Their actual attributes, and how those attributes fit into your tactics, are much more important.

Edited by Bojanbbz94

21 minutes ago, Bojanbbz94 said:

Star ratings are a subjective judgement by the staff members offering the report, and is reflection of how good a player is compared to
a) the quality of players in your squad.
b) the standard of your league. 

If you were managing a non-league side in England and asked for a scout report on a bang-average midtable PL midfielder, they'd be five-star rated player; if you signed him, he'd be so far beyond anything in your squad and so far beyond any players in the league. But to Man City, who have Bernardo Silver, Rodri and De Bruyne, he'd be (at best) around 2-3 stars; a useful squad player but not much more.

I wouldn't use star ratings as anything more than a vague guide to how good a player is, a bit like the lettered 'grade' rating you get with a scout report. Their actual attributes, and how those attributes fit into your tactics, are much more important.

So, does this mean that you'll never see a five-star player at an elite club (because everybody in the league is at the highest level already)?...

You very often do in lower leagues. The stars are their relative ability compared to the team and somewhat the league they play in. So in the best leagues, you will rarely see someone head and shoulders above the rest, but in lower leagues that can happen much more often. I have this guy who came through my youth intake in Wales and while he is not a world beater at all, he still has 5 stars since he is so good compared to everyone else here.

LuzKcGs.png

8 hours ago, phd_angel said:

So, does this mean that you'll never see a five-star player at an elite club (because everybody in the league is at the highest level already)?...

I play with Bayern München at the moment and Lewandowski is a 5 star player and if I remember right Joshua Kimmich is also 5 star player. 

1 hour ago, mefirst said:

I play with Bayern München at the moment and Lewandowski is a 5 star player and if I remember right Joshua Kimmich is also 5 star player. 

Yup i have Kimmich at Man Utd, he's also rated 5 stars, he's an absolute beast, i also have a regen who's rated 5 stars.