Back to Africa 2 - Liga Desportiva

ToMexico!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfers - March 2033

Problem areas looking at the squad were RWB and in the midfield. We weren't also making use of our foreign player spots so we needed to freshen up. 

39f498954b1a272d005dfb91bab478ce.png

I'd seen this guy a few seasons ago in the Ivorian non-league but he wasn't interested in joining. Moustapha Ouattara has been capped by the Ivory Coast and will now be my RWB, we're paying him handsomely to play for us but I really think he can shore up the right hand side for the next five seasons at least, if not more. 

I actually then made two sales. 

86578653dc9623af570f8f1fe5fe4180.png

Oumar Fofano was a utility defender but took up a foreign spot so I offered him out and Louletano bit and off to Portugal he goes. With young Mozambican left back Wilson Junior in the squad, I wanted him to play more often than not but Stephen Tetteh was in his way, thankfully Chinese side Meizhou came calling and off he went. 

f4f9bb0a620b455226b5ea481f72dbc4.png

On the same day Tetteh left, Cherife Felix joined for £25k from a league rival, the young defender will cover CB and can cover RWB if needed. 

9fb96183fba985f012db81c005d740d3.png

I've also struck a deal for Mamadou Diop to join the club in December from Senegalese side Generation Foot for upwards of £80k. Upon joining he will be retrained to play at DM. 

Going forward my next two areas of concern are GK and ST but both need to be Mozambican players that join. 

Double Season Review - 2033 & 2034

The league is a foregone conclusion now, we won it both times in with identical records of 23-0-1, however the latter season (2034) we were in some good form scoring 108 goals in our 24 league games and only conceding 12. We scored nine in a game three times, 9-2 against Ferraviario de Nacala, 9-0 against Sporting Nampula and another 9-0 against Ferraviario de Nampula. 

We won the 2033 League Cup with a flawless record, winning every game and beating Ferraviario de Beira 3-0 in the final. We reached the final on 2034 edition but lost to Ferraviario de Maputo after we had to field half a team of grey players with 24 players called up for international duty. 

In the 2032/33 Champions League we went undefeated in the group stages, playing against Ifeanyi Ubah (Nigeria), Raja Casablanca (Morocco) and Zamalek (Egypt). We then beat TP Mazembe in the quarter finals but then lost to Sundowns in the semi's, 3-1 on aggregate. In the 2033/34 Champions League we beat Al-Hilal (Sudan) and AS Tanda (Ivory Coast) in the preliminary rounds to reach the group stage again. We were then drawn against Wydad Casablanca (Morocco), Rivers Utd (Nigeria) and Asante Kotoko (Ghana). We qualified top of our group with four wins from the six and would play Tunisian side Club Africain in the quarters. We beat them 5-2 on aggregate to reach another semi final where we would play Orlando Pirates. We beat them 4-3 at home but succumbed to a 4-2 away defeat. 

Player wise, what can I say, Antonio Barros continues to defy the odds, his ability is way off some other players but he's still banging in the goals, in 2033 he scored 55 goals and this season (2034) he scored a whopping 70 goals. He was supported well by Mkuruva (34 & 27) and Boli (21 & 41). New winger-come-wingback Ouattara really shone making 44 assists in 2033 and another 46 in 2034, he should have had more in the latter season but he was out for six weeks towards the end of the season. 

de55780085f2f18a43873dec15e25430.png

Financially the bank account touched £3m but then I decided to improve the training facilities at a cost of £1.1m. We also started to see bids for some of our better players but I've managed to fend them off and keep the players happy for the most part. 

4c36a7d1629f8d37252339885608c26f.png

a49604dafcce60d65531024324074a55.png