League 'depth' selection choice screen?

Hi all - sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I didn't quite come across anyone asking, but in prior editions of FMM, when starting a new save, there was always an option on how many tiers you wanted to begin for a given country if it had multiple leagues, such as England or Germany. The default would have been up to League Two for example, but with an option to add in Conference National and North/South, or if running multiple leagues, one could theoretically only add the top tier to keep the game 'skinny' and fast. I'm not seeing this option for FMM22? Is there another way to do effectively the same thing? I'm trying to run five leagues across five continents and that can get a bit slow down the line with Argentina and South Africa having their own second divisions that I don't plan on playing (no disrespect to them), since USA and Australia only have top league, but I also wanted to keep England up to EFL levels as well. Thanks!

Hi. I'm not sure if this workaround was meant to have stayed in or not but from the screen when you select your club to manage, if you swipe back on your device (Oneplus 8T phone for me), it takes you back to that other screen where you can select the specific leagues.

Might not work for all Android devices or iOS (as I don't think they have the on screen back gesture?).

Edited by passenger58
typo

• SI Staff

That workaround should not be in and may cause instability! We'll look into that. In our testing we've found that it's mainly adding nations that increases the demands on the device, adding additional leagues in the same nation, somewhat less so.

1 hour ago, Alari Naylor said:

That workaround should not be in and may cause instability! We'll look into that. In our testing we've found that it's mainly adding nations that increases the demands on the device, adding additional leagues in the same nation, somewhat less so.

It goes back to the old pages of FM21, see screenshotsScreenshot_20211109-195409.thumb.png.27db2acf747cf36d5e4b349f42a1df55.png

Screenshot_20211109-195352.png

• SI Staff
18 minutes ago, Pietje7 said:

It goes back to the old pages of FM21, see screenshots

Which as Alari has indicated might cause the game to crash ... please avoid this, we'll ensure that this isn't possible in an update soon.

58 minutos atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Which as Alari has indicated might cause the game to crash ... please avoid this, we'll ensure that this isn't possible in an update soon.

Hi, I would like to be able to select the leagues I would like to play in, just because the game is a little faster and because I don't mind loading all the leagues. Another thing, when researching a player I would like to put the minimum affinity in the position, the same as in previous versions. As it is, it's difficult to find players with good characteristics for the position I want, but currently this position is not the natural one (it's yellow), but I can train to improve.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, brunotoddy said:

Hi, I would like to be able to select the leagues I would like to play in, just because the game is a little faster and because I don't mind loading all the leagues. Another thing, when researching a player I would like to put the minimum affinity in the position, the same as in previous versions. As it is, it's difficult to find players with good characteristics for the position I want, but currently this position is not the natural one (it's yellow), but I can train to improve.

The difference in load when selecting different league levels wasn't huge and it made the setup a lot more complex for new players who often didn't fully understand what they were selecting - this is why we've simplified this. Taking this approach also allowed us to do additional testing to ensure the game was stable with 5 nations active at once, if we'd retained multiple levels of loading then it would have been far harder (if not impossible) to verify stability across the myriad of devices we support.

minimum affinity in position - that is a fair request and I'll note that down as something to look into during updating (initially though I'm afraid we'll be concentrating on ensuring the game is stable for everyone as with 3,500+ devices supported there are always a few issues on some devices - please bear with us).

20 minutos atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

A diferença na carga ao selecionar diferentes níveis de liga não era grande e tornava a configuração muito mais complexa para novos jogadores que muitas vezes não entendiam totalmente o que estavam selecionando - é por isso que simplificamos isso. Essa abordagem também nos permitiu fazer testes adicionais para garantir que o jogo estava estável com 5 nações ativas ao mesmo tempo. Se tivéssemos mantido vários níveis de carregamento, teria sido muito mais difícil (se não impossível) verificar a estabilidade em toda a miríade dos dispositivos que oferecemos suporte.

afinidade mínima na posição - esse é um pedido justo e vou anotar isso como algo a ser examinado durante a atualização (inicialmente, embora tenhamos que nos concentrar em garantir que o jogo seja estável para todos, com mais de 3.500 dispositivos suportados há sempre alguns problemas em alguns dispositivos - tenha paciência conosco).

Thank you, you are always very considerate.

On 10/11/2021 at 06:25, Marc Vaughan said:

The difference in load when selecting different league levels wasn't huge and it made the setup a lot more complex for new players who often didn't fully understand what they were selecting - this is why we've simplified this. Taking this approach also allowed us to do additional testing to ensure the game was stable with 5 nations active at once, if we'd retained multiple levels of loading then it would have been far harder (if not impossible) to verify stability across the myriad of devices we support.

Okay, I can understand this to a degree, but it's hard to lose this feature. 

I normally keep things as light as possible, with only one nation loaded. I'll often play in Scotland with just the SPL loaded.. But then I want to use Esposito for eg, so I'll have to load Italy as well. Then there is a persistent issue with young English players (Cotrell, Kenneh, etc) being available on a free unless you load England, so I load that as well.

I didn't mind having 3 nations loaded so much when it was just a single league in each, but now I have to have 3 full nations loaded all the way down to the Conference and all the Serie C levels etc). It's a much bigger save file, a lot of extra players I don't need, a lot of extra fixtures etc. 

I'll understand if that's not a good enough reason to add this back in, but it was a very useful feature.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

I'll understand if that's not a good enough reason to add this back in, but it was a very useful feature.

As with most things in game development it was a trade off as I mentioned above - it simplifies the setup for new users and makes the memory loads more predictable while also streamlining our QA league verification - all of which helped ensure we could allow 5 nations to be active at once. It is slightly slower than with just single divisions active, but in all honesty not as much as you might think - plus having all the leagues active for a nation gives a much better level of simulation for it (having just the top division active often lead to some teams being slightly low on options for players to sign etc.).

a bit off topic but after loading the countries in the last screen you can choose an "automatic" start date, how this works? it has a purpose? at first i thought it just picks the start date of the league you will play, but then i realised if you load only one league you can still choose between that League date or automatic so, what is the difference?

(i know this is not something new from 22 version, but i just noticed)

Edited by MatiasDFS