We Switch players want more!!!

Hi all. Been playing since 93 on PC and due to lack of time switched to switch. I must say i am amazed on the lack of info for this format. PC gets continously official updates while switch got 2 If on not mistaking  Unofficially PC gets then aswell skins, facepacks, ingame editors and so on. Switch nothing.

Why is this? Is Si not seeing this as an important market? And are there on the FM scene no ppl willing to look Into the switch version for Skins, facepacks,etc..

Denisio

I'm with you @denisio it'll be great to get some Switch feature news very soon! Maybe this week SI?

In defense of SI, the switch updates have to go through Nintendo, I've heard it can be a nightmare and there is potentially a cap (?) on how many updates SI can submit. In terms of modding, it's so much easier on PC as you have access to file folders and a wide community that provides the content/guidance. The Switch version is very locked down. 

Switch is a tiny device, which was why I’m confused why they chose to keep in on that, As a lot of people play via the 7inch screen and not through tv, that said it’s not so easy as a pc to have custom skins etc, the game will be made and tailored for the switch, any outside edits might crash the game, and also the game will have to go through extensive testing via Nintendo store to even get approval. 

Edited by zakbrown96

I've been playing since 99/00 season, and made the switch to the switch last year for a similar reason. 

Editor and skins ECT don't bother me at all, though I would love some info on a release date, new features and so on, I do be checking twitter every day in hope 😅

12 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

I guarantee that FM on switch won’t last. The next best thing to it being on pc should have been on tablet. Even if it cost a bit more. I am interested in the switch version but I don’t think it will go beyond this year.

You might be right, if the units for FMT on the Switch don't sell to make it financially viable for SI then they won't keep releasing it on the Switch.  

This will probably be the last time I purchase FMT on the Switch as I will hopefully be getting a Steam Deck before FM23. 

On 01/11/2021 at 17:03, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

I guarantee that FM on switch won’t last. The next best thing to it being on pc should have been on tablet. Even if it cost a bit more. I am interested in the switch version but I don’t think it will go beyond this year.

Well, that’s probably accurate since the Switch won’t last in its current state. I’ve been wondering how many more years Nintendo can stand on it before the next console arrives. 

FMT may not make it many more years on the Switch. However, It’s got to be much less expensive to update and test this one (and Xbox) than to try and do fixes and updates for dozens of tablet makes and models. 

I’m just sad because I felt like a real manager with a touch line tablet when I played FMT on my tablet. Now it’ll just be another video game on a game console. Streaming FM22 from a MacBook at home to my iPad when I’m away just isn’t the same. So, I’m sure I’ll pick up FMT on the Switch. I’ll just end up playing FM and FMM way more. 

Edited by Curtneedsaride

Always liked the simplicity to it and why for me Switch version is perfect, however being sacked twice by November 21 isnt good so now having to start again for the 3rd time. I mean what is it I'm doing so wrong. I assume there are no downloadable tactics for switch?

Edited by Andyh21

11 minutes ago, Andyh21 said:

Well dont even get responses let alone more to the game. Made it to February 22 third time but sacked. Any news on if you can get any tactics, guessing not.

I'm extremely sorry you feel that way, Andy. As you can probably tell by my relatively small post count I'm extremely new to SI. I've joined the team specifically to work within the Console, Mobile & Switch community. I appreciate the patience shown by many on here as I try my best to get around everyone as quickly as possible.

It's not possible to import tactics directly into FM Touch. However, we do have a dedicated Tactics, Training & Strategies section on the forum. Within this section we have a wealth of experienced FM players who are happy to assist and help other users with queries surrounding tactics. There is a plethora of content including Tactics and Strategy guides. Some of the content you'll find in this section will be dedicated to FM22, and other content will be based on previous FM iterations, but you will still find tons of useful tactical information that is still valid today.

32 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

I'm extremely sorry you feel that way, Andy. As you can probably tell by my relatively small post count I'm extremely new to SI. I've joined the team specifically to work within the Console, Mobile & Switch community. I appreciate the patience shown by many on here as I try my best to get around everyone as quickly as possible.

It's not possible to import tactics directly into FM Touch. However, we do have a dedicated Tactics, Training & Strategies section on the forum. Within this section we have a wealth of experienced FM players who are happy to assist and help other users with queries surrounding tactics. There is a plethora of content including Tactics and Strategy guides. Some of the content you'll find in this section will be dedicated to FM22, and other content will be based on previous FM iterations, but you will still find tons of useful tactical information that is still valid today.

No problem and thankyou very much for the response.

On 31/10/2021 at 12:01, denisio said:
Hi all. Been playing since 93 on PC and due to lack of time switched to switch. I must say i am amazed on the lack of info for this format. PC gets continously official updates while switch got 2 If on not mistaking  Unofficially PC gets then aswell skins, facepacks, ingame editors and so on. Switch nothing.

Why is this? Is Si not seeing this as an important market? And are there on the FM scene no ppl willing to look Into the switch version for Skins, facepacks,etc..

Denisio

It isn't as easy to edit console games as it is on PC, where you can manipulate the files. Skins and ancillary changes have to be applied with a patch, but an editor would be more complicated. Also, I believe that being on the switch is likely isn't the highest priority, and with Microsoft getting in on things, I wouldn't be surprised to see Switch offering go away.