Scouting wonderkid

Dbuk1

After scouting Pedri my scouts at Tottenham tell me he is a C- potential. I have been told this is not a bug and done by design. If his potential is C- then can someone who knows tell me his PA and if he is one of the best future stars in the game how is his rating C-.

The letters are the scouts recommendation, not the potential of the player. My understanding is that the recommendation also factors in what your club needs and the price of the player. The star ratings indicates the current and potential ability of the player (compared to your squads rating).

1 hour ago, sp3c said:

The letters are the scouts recommendation, not the potential of the player. My understanding is that the recommendation also factors in what your club needs and the price of the player. The star ratings indicates the current and potential ability of the player (compared to your squads rating).

Now that makes much more sense.

15 minutes ago, Dbuk1 said:

Now that makes much more sense.

To add to this, the Scout rating will also take personality, work permit, and hidden attributes (Big games\Consitency\Pressure\Adaptabilty etc), and How they'll link up with the squad, wages if they are high, asking price vs value is also on there as well. Look at the Pro's and Cons.

Also worth looking at Potential ability rating - Decent\Good\Leading Premier league player would be the reccomndation at least.

His PA will be high enough, but this is FM, and Attributes are king. My FM 21 save has seen me selll my higher CA\PA players, as the existing with better attribute spreds are out performing them all.