FM22 physical copy region locked?

FM will be available in Australia so it will have its own region activation code.  If you specifically want to buy from the UK ( and I think the physical copy is just a box with a code) then you may need to be creative to activate it in Australia

It pains me to say it but after 20 years of accumulating the boxed copies I’ve now resorted to digital purchases. I miss the days I’d cycle/drive out to local shops to pick up the game on release day. 
one bonus is that digital can be cheaper though 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

It pains me to say it but after 20 years of accumulating the boxed copies I’ve now resorted to digital purchases. I miss the days I’d cycle/drive out to local shops to pick up the game on release day. 

I’m not ready to break the cycle yet :( Would be good if SI released a downloadable DVD case cover so we could print and add to a blank DVD case and place on our shelves for those of us who like to collect. 

1 hour ago, Powermonger said:

I’m not ready to break the cycle yet :( Would be good if SI released a downloadable DVD case cover so we could print and add to a blank DVD case and place on our shelves for those of us who like to collect. 

I’m so pleased I’m not alone in that thinking!

also relieved I’m not alone in collecting lol

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

FM12 is my last physical copy. First was CM96-97 iirc. 

Realizing now that I'm marking a 10 year anniversary of digital versions. 

11 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

I’m so pleased I’m not alone in that thinking!

also relieved I’m not alone in collecting lol

Something about seeing a row of FM titles on my shelf makes me feel warm inside. Still missing some from the CM days (mainly pre 01/02) might have to hit up eBay. 

11 hours ago, Yuko said:

FM12 is my last physical copy. First was CM96-97 iirc. 

Realizing now that I'm marking a 10 year anniversary of digital versions. 

Heathen! :D

10 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Heathen! :D

The reason was that there was no physical copy available in my country at the time, had to wait till the turn of the year and I couldn't wait, so I just got the Steam version. 

I actually disliked Steam and I think one of the previous versions sort of forced you to play via Steam (or I just hadn't ticked the right boxes) so I felt trapped into thinking that I can only play it via Steam, so I eventually converted to heathenry.

13 hours ago, Yuko said:

The reason was that there was no physical copy available in my country at the time, had to wait till the turn of the year and I couldn't wait, so I just got the Steam version. 

I actually disliked Steam and I think one of the previous versions sort of forced you to play via Steam (or I just hadn't ticked the right boxes) so I felt trapped into thinking that I can only play it via Steam, so I eventually converted to heathenry.

Can understand, I have to do the same and wait for the physical copy becomes available here in Oz but have to pay premium price. This year I want to try and get it earlier by pre-ordering.

Nobody from SI staff have been able to answer yet so I have submitted a Support tick with SEGA and hoping I will get a answer back soon.

• 3 weeks later...