Top Eleven Meets FM21 and Possibly FM 22 (Counter Formations)

I've been playing this mobile game called Top Eleven and that inspired me to make a thread were im using Top Eleven's Counter Formations .

First most of you might not know the game and what are those counter formations soo i will explain in my badly written english.

Counter Formations is using your opponents formation and finding a formation that counters their strenghts and exploits the weaknesses that all formations have, playstyle also comes into play if im playing Real Madrid and im a weak team , my counter formation should't be ultra attacking and there's more nuances to counter formations in top eleven, but this is the basic gist of it.

The Way i will try it is with trying to keep a general playstyle consistent if changes are not super necessary, but formations will change almost or every game.

I want to see if it works in football manager with tactical familiarization. Does the constant switching of strategies work in FM.

If you are interested in this thread give me some ideas with which team should i start this, im thinking some top mid table team, so im not fighting relegation and im not right at the top, soo i have so flexability to chop and change the way i will chop and change.

Soo what i will be doing in this thread, i will explain what will this thread consists off and what im trying to achieve as i will go along writing this.

1- I decided to open this to guide people trough on opposition analysis, as ive not really seen many threads that really focuses on trying to counter opposition and going really in depth on countering opposition threats both player wise and formation wise and beyond .

2- Sorry for any writing mistakes, English is not my native language (Im Portuguese).

3- Today i will write the first part , which will consist on presenting you the club ive chosen and what changes i will make and initial pre season preparation that range from the squad, training, tactics, transfers etc...

Part 1- Meeting the Club

1769818764_TheClub.PNG.35d32cfac7891701831a9d0157f0a638.PNG

Leicester needs no introduction, many of you know this club. The 2015/2016 upset champions.

I've picked Leicester because it was suggested by @horned frog 94, and was one of the teams i was thinking to do this along with AS Roma. I always think EPL is always a fun challenge so there it is.

The Squad

GoalKeepers - 861537073_TheSquad-Goalkeepers.PNG.9226d03febb413d1355ba18d0fc6225b.PNG

I like the goalkeepers as they are so don't expect a lot of changes. Kasper Shmeichel will be the undisputed Nº1, i really like the look of him and both Eldin Jakupovic and Danny Ward are solid backup options.

Defenders-973042672_TheSquad-Defenders.PNG.5d2168bcec228611ad47782f8a09af0c.PNG

We have a good crop of players here , but i feel we are underloaded especially in the Left FullBack/Wingback positions and maybe getting one or two centrebacks would't hurt as i really need flexibility as i will be changing formations every game. The Key Players in defence are Jonny Evans a good defensive centre back and a good ball player also with decent speed and 188metres tall , W.Fofana is another very good player, very young and has a lot of qualities and potential and i think i will train him to play right fullback also as he doesnt have awful attacking qualities and adds that little bit more flexibility another player i really like the look of is Ricardo Pereira my fellow Portuguese country man , he is out with a very long injury so he wont be a factor straight off but once he recovers he can really become a key component.

Midfielders- 1933710843_TheSquad-Midfielders.PNG.6bc561243f39c61954c1c63bcf6a588c.PNG

We are very light here even though we have quality players like Ndidi, Tielemans, and Madison( who's currently injure for 3 months) this will be an area of adress.

Wingers and Wide Midfielders- 1582803071_TheSquad-Wingers.PNG.32a24c5ef00946e8ca8f848fcf1b8643.PNG

Another area of concern as we are very light and another lenghty injury for Albrighton. I will also have to adress this with recruitment i will probably use the loan market heavely. I will also show you how i set my scouting up and my recruitment phyloshophy .

Strikers- 625707169_TheSquad-Strikers.PNG.807229f41edca947ea70d6eaeba16fca.PNG

Im quite happy with the Striker department Jamie Vardy is a star and Patson Daka is also a very good signing by Leicester, some of my wingers can play the striker's position and i will use that to my full advantage.

Soo that's it for the squad im happy but there are some areas for concern that i will need to adress right from the off, i will not really post pre-season as i really want this to progress quickly so i can get to the juicy part of analysing opposition and finding a counter formation and hopefully win many games, i know this is a long post and im not a very skilled writter but i hope you've enjoyed.

Part 2- Scounting and Training

I want to show you all my scouting assignments and team training i use and i will try to give some descriptions

Before i start with the scouting assigments i'd like to point you to a certain article if i can, if i cant mods will surely remove it 

https://mattylewis11.medium.com/fm21-ralph-rangnick-the-three-cs-bf39196ed64f 

I will change tactics every game but want to still have an identity/DNA so this scouting assigments will look for players with similar atributes

690285253_ScoutingAssigments.PNG.070eb1e34bf5eaa754030f5a41300ed0.PNG

227523003_ScoutingAssigments2.PNG.c2cb83fb8d5b4a7941ef966d20a054fa.PNG

227523003_ScoutingAssigments2.PNG.c2cb83fb8d5b4a7941ef966d20a054fa.PNG

1312973153_ScoutingAssigments4.PNG.f515c1e302cab91680b1223da9cf5c05.PNG

1372168743_ScoutingAssigments9.PNG.87ee99c2ef75842c3bda09b40251aa93.PNG

Scouting Assigments 3.PNG

Scouting Assigments 5.PNG

Scouting Assigments 6.PNG

These are my scouting assigments they all follow a basic template i have a few more like these for different regions but all the same and 2 goalkeeper ones , i just don't want to spam images so these are the ones im showing .

Now onto training, i have a training phylosophy as well , i took from real life training strategies its called tactical periodization some of you might be familiar with that. The training is divided in the 4 moments of the game - Defensive Organization - Defensive Transition- Attacking Transition- Attacking Organization. I have 4 training schedules that focus on that and a further 4 for weeks with 2 games in it i will show you. also i tried keeping the style of training ambigous and not for a particular style of play because we will change that a lot.1481952947_TrainingDefensiveOrganization1.PNG.89c189504285e4ba554921e348624c06.PNG

2983569_TrainingAttackingTransition1.PNG.10384d51a39b6d24ce12ba9bcfb45066.PNG549582376_TrainingAttackingOrganization1.PNG.6a746c499b93c4b654218da65199655e.PNG

Training Defensive Transition 1.PNG

Edited by Strikerir1
Images messed up the order

11 hours ago, Strikerir1 said:

I have 4 training schedules that focus on that and a further 4 for weeks with 2 games in it i will show you. also i tried keeping the style of training ambigous and not for a particular style of play because we will change that a lot.

Question regarding your schedules, do you have any problems with injuries? These look quite intense, the last time I tried something similar I ended up leading the league injury table by far. Since then, I usually keep things down a notch, but would be interested to hear how you deal with it.

8 horas atrás, Zemahh disse:

Question regarding your schedules, do you have any problems with injuries? These look quite intense, the last time I tried something similar I ended up leading the league injury table by far. Since then, I usually keep things down a notch, but would be interested to hear how you deal with it.

I get normal injuries it comes down to luck I don't find having a huge amount of injuries, the way I try to reduce it is on the rest tab, when they are really tired their individual focus is none and it goes up as they recover, but it only goes up to normal intensity as I don't like to put double intensity as the individual training as that really increases injury. My logic on training is that if you are intense before games you are up to speed with the intensity of a game, because if you train your players with very low intensity when it comes the games they will fall apart because they are not up to speed, I feel I get more injuries with light training sessions. 

8 horas atrás, Zemahh disse:

Other thing to notice the intensity of the training goes up as the game approaches so they are as ready for the intense game as possible. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like to change formations to counter my opponents. 95% of the time it's just 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, but occasionally 4-2-2 or go three at the back. I think it's important that even when you use a new formation that the players are familiar with their role.