Will my transfer budget rollover?

Hello all,

Hoping you can help! Currently starting my fourth season with Norwich, having got promoted then two successive seasons of 11th, it's time to push on....Unfortunately AC Milan came in and activated the 68m release clause of Sander Berge, one of my key players in the final hours of the transfer window. 

I didn't really have time/a plan to replace, but I now have a rather substantial budget ahead of the January window.

Question- is there any way of estimating how much of this remaining transfer budget will be available next season? For example, if I end the season with 80m in the budget, will that be added to next seasons minimum guaranteed of 29m? This will help me decide if I spend in January or rollover for next season.

Any insights appreciated! 

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.19.32 am.png

The short answer is no- any carried forward balance from a transfer budget is not automatically added to next years figure.  The long answer is that any unused transfer budget is added into the general club finances and will be taken into account when the next budget is announced.  Depending on the overall club finances, you could expect to get an increase on what was initially suggested but it is not guaranteed,

My personal opinion: spend it before the end of the current season. Not necessarily in January, but start bagging your major targets in April/May. I've had plenty of saves where a surplus in the budget has been "disappeared" by the board, leaving me struggling to fully strengthen the squad.

Of course, there's more than one way to play the game, and if off-field financial security is one of your goals then by all means swallow the loss. But if your main goal is on-field success, spend it while you've got it.

Transfer budgets are determined by your finances. Having an extra £68m from selling a player will help your finances but that doesn't mean it will all be given back to you when the budget resets. The best approach is what @warlock suggests. If you don't want to lose it spend it before the budget gets reset, which is usually around April, I think, possibly later. You can do deals in Feb/March to bring players in for next season.