Bug or what ? Players' favored clubs changed

So, I just finished my first season with Milan. I just noticed that my two key players, Gianluigi Donnarumma's and Sandro Tonali's favored club has changed. It's really a big turnoff really, I'd like to make them my future captains. Below I attached pics before from my old save in icloud (season 2020/21)  and after from my recent save (season 2021/22). It'd be a huge help if admin can fix my save file.

E8F8AD2B-34F4-44F7-85B4-22385E4291BE.png

26A54C5D-BCE2-4E7A-846A-D08AFAD7210F.png

972493E5-C36D-44F6-B9C5-0A46F85A5A0A.png

30C64202-E8F6-4CC8-A6BF-9B771154E205.png

I previously opened a thread about this. Had a player for Sunderland that started off with Millwall as his favoured club, before switching to Sunderland for about a year, then switching back to Millwall. 

@StephenCroninand I theorised that in this year's game, players could have multiple favoured clubs at varying levels and the one that is displayed in the Personal page is the dominant one.

If that is the case then it would be ideal if you could have all the multiple clubs displayed in the Personal page rather than just one. 

We didn't get any feedback from SI to confirm one way or another though ( @Marc Vaughan)

Edited by passenger58

Hi, passenger58, thanks for the reply. Yes, I believe I read your thread. Well, it's not really affecting the game. It's just kinda annoyance. Gigi Donnarumma played only one club though, in his youth and senior career. It's his brother, Antonio Donnarumma, who played for Juve Stabia in his youth. And yes, Antonio's favored club is listed as Juve Stabia.

4FD0519D-7A19-42BA-94FB-6013ECAF39D1.png

Just did the report an issue in-game with the add saved games checked, when I click Send Report it opened my mail app, followed the instruction to add the link to this forum. So I did sent it, but when I checked the sent items, the mail doesn't have any attachment (the save file). Did I do it correctly ?

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, passenger58 said:

@Louie SilvaniHi Louie. Are you able to comment on the multiple favoured clubs theory? Is this a new feature? And if it is an actual thing, why do we only see one club in the Personal page? 

Yes there are potentially multiple clubs stored, the more favored is the 'active one' ... thus a player might start with his boyhood club as his favorite but over time one he plays at for a long period might overtake that on his profile.

(as in real-life its rare that someone has 'two' favorite clubs ... at least publicly .... generally they have one they support and a quiet 'soft spot' for a few others)

15 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes there are potentially multiple clubs stored, the more favored is the 'active one' ... thus a player might start with his boyhood club as his favorite but over time one he plays at for a long period might overtake that on his profile.

(as in real-life its rare that someone has 'two' favorite clubs ... at least publicly .... generally they have one they support and a quiet 'soft spot' for a few others)

Thanks for the clarification, Marc. So is the multiple FC's feature a new thing?

I remember asking on here a year or two ago if once a player picks up a favoured club, could it be replaced with another one over time and was told it couldn't and they were stuck with it.

My issue back then was that one of my young prospects played 20 games on loan somewhere, and picked that club up as his FC. Then went on to be a first team regular for me for the next 10 years, but their FC stayed as that random club.

Also is there anything in particular we can do as their manager to influence them picking up your club as an FC? Other than playing them obviously. :)

• SI Staff
51 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

Thanks for the clarification, Marc. So is the multiple FC's feature a new thing?

Yeah behind the scenes we changed from having a single 'favored person' and 'favored club' (and similar dislikes) to using 'relationships' which are near infinite (within reason) and carry a scale of 1-100. A relationship grows depending on actions and can decay over either time or because of another persons behavior.

So for example if you praise a player and he likes it, this might cause a relationship with a nominal value to appear (say 10). It won't be visible anywhere yet because '30' is the cut-off for a relationship being visible within the game (below that level they have only a very small effect). If you then leave him out of the team for 4 matches straight then that relationship might disappear because its declined to 0.

(so basically its kind of flexible and can be 'controlled' to some extent by your behavior)

With regards to your own clubs being picked as a players FC, its down to how they feel there (ie. do they fit in, are they playing and enjoying themselves) and how long they've been at the club ... some players are naturally mercenary and might never gain an FC because to them their career is just a job.

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah behind the scenes we changed from having a single 'favored person' and 'favored club' (and similar dislikes) to using 'relationships' which are near infinite (within reason) and carry a scale of 1-100. A relationship grows depending on actions and can decay over either time or because of another persons behavior.

So for example if you praise a player and he likes it, this might cause a relationship with a nominal value to appear (say 10). It won't be visible anywhere yet because '30' is the cut-off for a relationship being visible within the game (below that level they have only a very small effect). If you then leave him out of the team for 4 matches straight then that relationship might disappear because its declined to 0.

(so basically its kind of flexible and can be 'controlled' to some extent by your behavior)

With regards to your own clubs being picked as a players FC, its down to how they feel there (ie. do they fit in, are they playing and enjoying themselves) and how long they've been at the club ... some players are naturally mercenary and might never gain an FC because to them their career is just a job.

Thanks again for the info